Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mean this is quite possibly one of the worst RTWM ever. How can Vince be sitting in gorilla watching his current product and be satisfied with it? From Reigns stumbling through promos, to the undercard being average at best, to 3 of his top matches not having all the participants there to help build it. If i didn't have the Network i highly doubt i'd be watching 'Mania. It seems as if anything outwith of the top matches isn't allowed any attention, like how dare you get over without us putting the rubber stamp on it. All you have to do is look at Daniel Bryan. I mean the best they are coming up with is a stolen title angle. It is the match i am most looking forward to and it only just has my attention. And don't even get me fucking started on the Orton vs Rollins situation.

Begs the question, how the fuck can Vince be happy with what he is watching? I didn't think i'd ever see the day where i wanted HHH in charge but change has to come because this is utter bullshit!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
He's almost 70 years old. How on earth can he be expected to know what people 30-40 years younger than him are interested in?

In a way I don't blame him, though. How many people would grow a business from very little into a world leader in it's field and then just walk away?

Maybe he's earned the right to die as Chairman and we can like it or stop watching.

60,006 Posts
Vince is happy because it's his way or the highway.. he doesnt seem to realize his way is the highway to hell. He had a ready made hot program with Bryan as the returning champion going against Brock. He rejected that and we are left with the Polar Vortex reigns. There is zero heat for him vs Brock.

If Bryan had faced Brock, you could have had Reigns vs Rusev, Cena vs Taker, Bray vs Sheamus, maybe Orton v Rollins still. I think it would have been a better, hotter card.But we're stuck with Vince's myopic vision and WrestleMEHnia seems like a big bore waiting to happen.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
He's a stubborn fuck. He likes what he sees but probably sees that the fans don't and he's still not willing to change it for them because he has an ego and thinks he's a god and that people will like what he tells them to like. This may have been the case when he was younger but he fails to realize that it's not that type of world anymore. Then the funny thing is he'll get pissed off when the fans don't enjoy it indicated by him having a random appearance in Liverpool last year tell the fans to "have fun" when the crowd was dull as fuck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hes not in the buisness anymore, he is running the chinese version of Netflix of sorts. Making a lot more than vince ever did. If you look at my sig you will know i agree but he lost his interest years ago :(

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It's pretty simple:

He wanted Batista as the champion, the fans rebelled so he's full steam ahead with Reigns no matter the crowd reactions.

His plan originally according to the sheets was Brock/Rock but obviously Rock is busy so the next best thing is HHH's idea of Roman/Brock which apparantly he likes a lot.

I look at it like this, Batista's movie went on to do massive numbers & Batista ended up benefitting from it HUGE with the job offers. Now picture if Batista was champion during the press run, during the interviews leading up to GOTG & after GOTG was released. WWE would've gotten a ton of publicity from it & I'm guessing Vince is stuck on that and regrets giving in to us.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Vince has always wanted to force what his vision is, and last year he gave in and in the end business wise it backfired, it was unfortunate what happened but it basically means he's never gonna give in again

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Reactions: LeaderOfM.D.R.S.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
Vince no longer cares about what the fans wants, he cares about what he wants and what he wants is Roman Reigns. Things are
going the way wants and that satisfies him, even if the fans are completely rejecting Roman.

He's senile, and he's out of touch. Of course he doesn't see the many many flaws of the current product.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Meh, I don't find the product that bad but you got to think that with Vince turning 70 this year and ratings being low you got to think Triple H and Stephanie are going to be given more control really soon.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts