Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I watched the past two impacts and the overall look and feel of the show is so much better on the road. I love the look of the entrance way. It's right up there with the entrance way the WWE uses for RAW and SmackDown. Even if the place isn't a sell out it looks so much better being in a larger building than the impact zone.

Edit: The only thing that ruined it was their awful editing. Serioulsy, how can they be pleased with it? First, I don't know what they do with the announcing but most of the time it seems dubbed in rather than live. Tenay and Tazz do not sound like they're announcing live on any taped show either on the road or the impact zone. Also, I hate how they cut entrances out and skip to the wrestlers already in the ring with the mic. They did it again this week with Mr. Anderson's entrance at the beginning of the show. He's making his way down to the ring and then he already has the mic in his hand and is talking. It's horrible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with you. I think the impact zone takes soo much away from everything. THe last two shows seemed much more important and the matches more enjoyable. I also agree about the commentary and the editing. It is too obvious especially Mike Tenay.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Because it costs money so they need to be sure they will have a good crowd at each taping before doing this on a weekly basis.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
My gripe is that it should have been the PPV on the road and not the taping.

It was laughable that when they switched from the Angle promo (where the taping had a fair sized crowd) to livestream you could see how big a downgrade in not only numbers but energy it was.

·
Registered
167 Posts
They did the same thing WCW was when they were taping at the Disney's studios. Being on the road cost a lot of money, so they have to be sure than when they tape shows outside, they are gonna make money, not losing it. When they will be ready, I'm sure they will be on the road more often.

That strategy help WCW by saving them tons of $$$ and give them the opportunity to rebuild a fan base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts