Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I've been more and more impressed with Maddox lately, and then his shot at the '15 title and this little gem of a promo came along....

I think it's an awesome promo, but it's way too Ambrose for Brad. I don't feel like it's his style. Unless they're planning a gimmick change for him (which I don't think is the right move) then it just feels a little off.

Regardless, can't wait to actually see the match tonight.

Your thoughts?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Awesome promo? That was turrible. TURRIBLE. The material was awful and his delivery was all over the place, and it wasn't because he was "crazy".

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome promo? That was turrible. TURRIBLE. The material was awful and his delivery was all over the place, and it wasn't because he was "crazy".
Each to their own, I suppose. I've noticed you have quite a specific taste in promos and in ring style. Nothing wrong with that!

What I was trying to say in the OP was that it would have worked and been awesome on anybody else. It would have worked on Ambrose or pick any other crazy character, but it was off because it was Maddox. You follow what I'm saying?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Each to their own, I suppose. I've noticed you have quite a specific taste in promos and in ring style. Nothing wrong with that!

What I was trying to say in the OP was that it would have worked and been awesome on anybody else. It would have worked on Ambrose or pick any other crazy character, but it was off because it was Maddox. You follow what I'm saying?
Yeah, I understand. I don't know if I agree, though. It's not just him, the promo itself is bad writing, he just makes it worse with how he delivered it. Ambrose would've made it a lot better because he's a lot better, but you can only polish a turd so much, it's still brown at the end of the day. I've seen Ambrose promos that I didn't particularly care for because the material was a miss too, this would've definately been one of them.

·
Registered
14,042 Posts
I think it was supposed to be more Ledger's Joker, but it was way too close to Ambrose. I guess Ambrose might be seen as the new hotness amongst aspiring wrestlers as the wwe is said to have grand plans for him.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Seemed too Ambrose-like for me....be original Maddox please.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
General consensus = Ambrose, apparently!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought it was horrible because I want Maddox to find his own thing.
The problem is, we've got too many cocky heels, and we've got our psycho niche filled by Ambrose - There's almost no way to be unique anymore

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
This isnt going to work for him. Delivery was off. The dynamic voice seemed random. The writing was bad. The hand gestures and crazy tone was way too much Ambrose. The random turning from side to side was distracting. Back to the drawing board.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts