Wrestling Forum banner

How big of a star would AJ Lee have been in the Attitude Era based on her Character work and Charisma?

2049 31
It goes without saying when it came to character work and charisma, AJ Lee was THE BEST FEMALE TALENT ever. She wasn't hot as Trish or as athletic as Lita but she was miles above them when it came to those two aspects of talent. Not to mention her incredible mic skills which is bested by only one(Stephanie) ever in the industry. Considering all this is it fair to say AJ Lee would've been a mega star in the Attitude era?
Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
Probably not that much of a star.

She isn't as widely marketable as some of the girls from the past have been, and with how women's wrestling was back then, i doubt she'd have flourished.

· Registered
5,957 Posts
im gonna get hell but dont care cause for me AJ was never more than a decent wrestler and nothing else and what charisma are you talking about? its seems today that being bitter =charisma, again AJ was decent cutting promos but she will never be an all time great and she´s not hot enought to get a good spot in the AE.

· I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
16,471 Posts
bra and panties match

· Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably not that much of a star.

She isn't as widely marketable as some of the girls from the past have been, and with how women's wrestling was back then, i doubt she'd have flourished.
AJ has sold more merch than Lita and Trish combined. That is a fact. Look it up.

Valet at best, and even that is doubtful. Her "Rack" just isn´t big enough.
Both Trish and Lita were valets.

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
AJ has sold more merch than Lita and Trish combined. That is a fact. Look it up.
In this era, with plenty more means (and shameless plugs for the shop) of buying merch, that doesn't surprise me.

Given Lita and Trish's LOOK though, think about it, would AJ really have been able to hold a candle to them when it came to the criteria of being successful in the 'division' back then?

· Still A Shield Girl... (RIP)
2,241 Posts
She'd completely bomb in the attitude era. The fact is you HAD to have big boobs and ass back then and from what i can remember from 99 onwards (i was only a kid back then) the women didn't have much mic time so i fail to see how she'd get over. You had to have a distinct look, something different to stand out and to be frank she doesn't have that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.