Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate asking this question because Chris Jericho is one of my ALL time favorites.

But he's just been so damn stale. Did he have good matches with punk? Sure. But still he hasn't done nothing "big".

My only guess is he really doesn't care anymore? I remember hearing him say fozzy,comes before the wwe which I can't stand because fozzy is quite terrible.

I guess he's just there to put everyone over?

on a scale from 1/10 how would you rate his return? I give it a 5. Just so disappointed in his return.

· Vacay in Suplex City!
1,853 Posts
Well he always puts on Good matches, very good on the mic, has had good feuds, his facial expressions have been awesome. He has done a great job of putting over stars. But this is why Jericho is well respected, he's great at everything, but has no problem putting over anyone

· Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed, he obviously just doesn't care anymore.

· THE ONE.
5,325 Posts
It's been a bit underwhelming but he's unfortunetly in that awkward slot where if he wins matches people say he only came back to put himself over and instead Jericho likes to give younger talent lots of wins (which the IWC love the idea of having older guys ALWAYS doing the job for the younger guy as it will suddenly make them more over) and this backfires after a while when even the IWC get bored of them jobbing.

A decent midcard feud (which I can care about!) with Ziggler should be good and I'll enjoy that.

· Banned
4,543 Posts
These people saying he doesn't care.....huh? FOH. He's wrestling at a high level, and has generally been good on the mic. It's all in the booking. He's been booked weak, hasn't won any big matches, and hasn't been made to look like a threat.

That has nothing to do with him "not caring". It's a combination of Jericho being too unselflish and the WWE not valuing him as one of the best they have.

· Banned
4,543 Posts
He had his ups and downs, but since his return from suspension, he's been the most entertaining guy in the entire company.
Agree with that.....it's a shame they gave him basically no run on the show last night though, and once again had him getting pinned. What a waste.....they don't give him a mic, don't advance his storyline with Dolph, and have him take the pin? Wow.

· Premium Member
19,258 Posts
Well he always puts on Good matches, very good on the mic, has had good feuds, his facial expressions have been awesome. He has done a great job of putting over stars. But this is why Jericho is well respected, he's great at everything, but has no problem putting over anyone
Agreed, but his return has been bad. All he's done his put over Punk, which was great of him to do, but for a star of Jericho's caliber he should of done something groundbreaking to make his return worthwhile. He should of won The Royal Rumble, but they messed up on that. He should get another World Title reign before he leaves, but that's not going to happen. With him apparently leaving again soon, all I can see Jericho doing is putting over Ziggler, which is great because Ziggler's my favorite wrestler in the company and I hope he puts him over well, but I wish Jericho could of done more in his return...

· Registered
8,239 Posts
Chris Jericho is what every wrestler over 40 should be like.

He's back to pretty much just put the young guys over.

He doesn't care about winning or losing.

Character wise, he may not be as good as he was, but he's still Chris fucking Jericho.

He reminds me a lot of Terry Funk in ECW. Instead of clinging to his "spot", or hogging the spotlight. He looks at guys and says "I can put him over", "I can have some great matches with that guy".

The wrestling business needs a lot more Chris Jerichos in it.

· Great One?..
13,047 Posts
It's been cringworthy, at least in 2008 when he was a face he was challenging the likes of Punk and actually winning.

Now he's had 30 matches since his returning and only won 2, and btw I'm not exagerrating, he actually only won something like 2 matches since he's been back.

· Vacay in Suplex City!
1,853 Posts
Agreed, but his return has been bad. All he's done his put over Punk, which was great of him to do, but for a star of Jericho's caliber he should of done something groundbreaking to make his return worthwhile. He should of won The Royal Rumble, but they messed up on that. He should get another World Title reign before he leaves, but that's not going to happen. With him apparently leaving again soon, all I can see Jericho doing is putting over Ziggler, which is great because Ziggler's my favorite wrestler in the company and I hope he puts him over well, but I wish Jericho could of done more in his return...
I 100 % agree. He definitely should have won the rumble, if you weren't going to have him ever beat punk, he could have atleast won the rumble to have something to remember from his return. And I also am a big fan of Ziggler, and I'm hoping Jericho puts him over as well. Ziggler needs it badly, I want him to be booked strongly before cashing in.

Reactions: Nostalgia

· Registered
753 Posts
It hasn't been as bad as some of you make it out to be. However I was pretty disappointed when he was inserted in a mediocre tag team match for the 1000th episode of RAW. Someone that has been around for as long as he has deserved something better.

· Registered
5,171 Posts
he's obviously lost it. he hit sheamus with a code breaker mid-air after he jumped off the top turnbuckle and still couldn't pin him. that right there tells you he should retire. it doesn't help that he somehow aged 10 years in the face during his little rock and roll tour.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.