Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stated several times that this is one of my favorite NXT creations. There is something old school about the two men. Oh, yeah his name is Paul Ellering. I have criticized their look because it often reminds me of The Shield. Other than that I just like them because I am convinced they are a tag team that can works as a tag team. With that said.

I think Smackdown would be the ideal place for The Authors of Pain w/Paul Ellering. I would imagine Paul will come with them both to the main roster and I don't know if I really like that. Ellering won't really go over as well with today's larger WWE crowds as he will with the Full Sail audience. Someone else should manage them, or they can always come up without Paul and a manger in general. Dare I say Heyman pick them up?

I think their debut should happen live on SD where they would air vignettes with words only and a story being told. Really take home this idea of "Authors" with script and show, but pain in the ring. Someone should be narrating their story. This won't ever happen, but I would ask Raven to do it. Since he is in the process of suing the WWE that won't happen.

The Drifter Elias Samson the Author/Musician

I think this is the perfect opportunity to him to actually tell a story with his music through other stars. He is the Author and they bring the pain. I'm not suggesting that he manage them, but become part of their act in such a way that we as an audience have not seen before. He wouldn't be anything, but a side act that would tell the current tag teams their fate now that The Authors of Pain have arrived. Their story has been told.

Aiden English with singing Poetry?

This could be a cool angle for him as well. Where he be the voice singing poetry of the current tag team's impending doom. English was doing something similar to this in the past. I happened to dig the role, but what was he doing it for? I think this presents an opportunity to take it further. However, I really like The Drifter taking on the role.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As new members of Jinder Mahal's cabinet. One of them is Indian right?

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Destroying the Ascension for their Road Warrior rip off shit. Why not use the Ellering connection since it's there?

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I wouldn't debut them for at least a few years in NXT to be honest. Both guys are still really green and really young. I still think at this point Authors of Pain are probably the most overpushed team in NXT. They are a decent team, but they have been covered immensely by having to work with TM 61, Revival and DIY. They are also at least 7 years younger than any of these other teams and I am an adovcate against pushing young talent too early or else we would reach a situation where the talent has done everything they can possibly do before peaking(Paige, Mcintyre, Sasha Banks and Tyler Bate probably too). I'd actually break them up before debuting them since I see value both of them as singles stars over tag team guys. Obviously, as they are developing this might change in the future but bottom line, do not debut them on the main roster for at least another year. Maybe two or three.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Destroying the New Day, ripping to shred any power of positivity. Big E can go heel and do his thing, turning on Kofi and Xavier after losing a feud to AOP.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
With Romey

Seriously though have them fuck up New Day, like Revival did

1 - 11 of 11 Posts