Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
You only bring him back when the virus is completely under control. Let's say that it gets isolated by WrestleMania next year: Your two options are babyface or heel. Love it or hate it, WWE fans have probably missed the guy. He's not a bad talent and he's overcome a lot. He'll probably get cheered. If I had to put him against a heel at Mania, I think the two best and freshest options are AJ Styles or Seth Rollins.

Reigns vs. AJ would be based on AJ claiming to be the guy on SmackDown. He'd have lost the IC Title at this point and he'd just be usual dickbag AJ Styles. Reigns comes back, the two have a great match at Mania with Reigns going over. Easy. Reigns vs. Rollins would be set up with their Shield history and would probably exasperate through the Royal Rumble. Reigns tosses Rollins and Rollins gets him back, etc. Simple stuff, another great match Reigns can win.

Booking the guy as a heel is probably a lot more inherently interesting. The most likeable guy on the roster is still probably Daniel Bryan, so you'd probably go with that as the feud, as lots of people have suggested for a long time. Very easy to set Reigns up in this way -- "I was sitting at home, didn't hear people cheering for me, saw the company moving on, fuck y'all, I'm owning this place on my own terms." Bryan's position is easy. The dude loves wrestling, is a nice guy, Reigns beats him up and focuses on the head, trying to end Bryan's career prematurely again. It makes sense if Reigns is either Universal Champion or Bryan is for this match. You're not going to get much bigger for Mania.

The goal is setting up babyfaces you want to see go against Reigns in the wake. I'd suggest Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Big E, Mustafa Ali, AJ Styles (in a twist of fate) and maybe even one of The Usos (if you don't turn them with Reigns). Brock Lesnar could also be a blockbuster draw against Reigns (you never beat him at WrestleMania, Roman). Matt Riddle is also there. The match-ups alone make this a more inspired choice to me. At some point Reigns would be the coolest guy in the room, and you can turn him babyface and run with that.

·
FOTC
10,720 Posts
Next year. Covid will be around most likely until early November. The best time to bring Roman back would be as a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think Vince back then have an Assumption that people won't take him seriously if was beaten up by Taryn Terrell. He was in a lose lose situation because if he fought back, he will be the one with domestic abuse case not her

21 - 28 of 28 Posts