Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

1. It'll be an embarrassment if NXT loses the ratings war after this huge advertisement.

2. AEW's Women's Division is still trash, and everyone knows that, so it's in NXT's best interests to flaunt their division as hard as they can to take advantage of the spot where AEW lacks the most. "Hey, this is something you can't get on the other show, and we do it better than everyone else!" That's what makes Charlotte vs Rhea and/or Bianca such a huge sell.
1. I am a little surprised NXT lost by a wide margin this round, I was expecting it to be closer. The problem within WWE is that they think putting Balor or Flair on NXT will equate a massive audience......knowing the outside world (casuals, new fans, etc) clearly understand that NXT is the development brand. More specifically, it's idiots like HHH parading NXT as a main roster when we know it is not, we know those contracts are developmental contracts, and we know the cruiserweight division was getting paid only NXT money. Most fans obviously see this title chase as backstage politics being forced in front of us on television against AEW, and most of us don't like it one bit. So, yes it should be considered an embarrassment for WWE and NXT considering how much time they wasted into forcing this instead of it being a natural build.

2. Outside of WWE main rosters, most of us fans don't really care about women's wrestling in NXT (development). I don't watch college basketball, so don't expect me to watch women's college basketball. Most of us don't even watch the WNBA, and you expect us wrestling fans to watch the development league of the WNBA?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
The novelty of main roster wrestlers appearing on NXT doesn't work anymore. And even when they first started doing it in October-November, the ratings bumps they provided were still very minor.

NXT is fucked. I expect it to be back on the Network within 12-16 months.

·
The EST of NXT
28,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
1. I am a little surprised NXT lost by a wide margin this round, I was expecting it to be closer. The problem within WWE is that they think putting Balor or Flair on NXT will equate a massive audience......knowing the outside world (casuals, new fans, etc) clearly understand that NXT is the development brand. More specifically, it's idiots like HHH parading NXT as a main roster when we know it is not, we know those contracts are developmental contracts, and we know the cruiserweight division was getting paid only NXT money. Most fans obviously see this title chase as backstage politics being forced in front of us on television against AEW, and most of us don't like it one bit. So, yes it should be considered an embarrassment for WWE and NXT considering how much time they wasted into forcing this instead of it being a natural build.

2. Outside of WWE main rosters, most of us fans don't really care about women's wrestling in NXT (development). I don't watch college basketball, so don't expect me to watch women's college basketball. Most of us don't even watch the WNBA, and you expect us wrestling fans to watch the development league of the WNBA?
1. They lost with the deck stacked and I'm not going to make any excuses. I stand by my word. It is an embarrassment. However, I think it would have helped tremendously if they started off the show with that segment. I think people got tired of waiting the whole 2 hours. Like I admitted earlier, NXT's men's division isn't as strong as AEW's men's division. They have an all-around better show.

2. Yes, because we have the female equivalent of Zion Williamson at Duke. Regardless of the ratings, Rhea Ripley and Bianca Bel-Air are the hottest women in the company right now. Their individual segments always increase viewers as well.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts