Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

Registered
It's going to be funny if AEW beats NXT in the ratings this week despite Charlotte being there, because it will be more evidence that she isn't a draw.
Unfortunately, WWE has created this perception that they are demoting main roster talent and promoting development talent just to get an increase in ratings for their "niche", "development" show. Obviously this has been their plan for months and it seems forced instead of "natural". Stunts like this defeat the purpose of Rosters, Drafts, and "brands"....they are effectively shows, no longer brands, no longer specific rosters.

You never hear of NHL players demanding they be demoted to the AHL, CHL to win Calder Cup or Memorial Cup after they've won the Stanley Cup a few times and brag about it.

It won't surprise me if NXT wins the ratings round this week, but most wrestling fans aren't always happy about backstage politics and panic punches. AEW is focusing on their own brand, their own talent and are doing well that way.

Angry at refs
I swear I'm gonna be pissed if Charlotte beats Rhea just so WWE can pad her record some more. She doesn't need this, Rhea does.

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #85

Unfortunately, WWE has created this perception that they are demoting main roster talent and promoting development talent just to get an increase in ratings for their "niche", "development" show. Obviously this has been their plan for months and it seems forced instead of "natural". Stunts like this defeat the purpose of Rosters, Drafts, and "brands"....they are effectively shows, no longer brands, no longer specific rosters.

You never hear of NHL players demanding they be demoted to the AHL, CHL to win Calder Cup or Memorial Cup after they've won the Stanley Cup a few times and brag about it.

It won't surprise me if NXT wins the ratings round this week, but most wrestling fans aren't always happy about backstage politics and panic punches. AEW is focusing on their own brand, their own talent and are doing well that way.
1. It'll be an embarrassment if NXT loses the ratings war after this huge advertisement.

2. AEW's Women's Division is still trash, and everyone knows that, so it's in NXT's best interests to flaunt their division as hard as they can to take advantage of the spot where AEW lacks the most. "Hey, this is something you can't get on the other show, and we do it better than everyone else!" That's what makes Charlotte vs Rhea and/or Bianca such a huge sell.

Registered
It's going to be funny if AEW beats NXT in the ratings this week despite Charlotte being there, because it will be more evidence that she isn't a draw.
technically AEW has never beaten Nxt in ratings. It was reported that about 300k watch nxt on the network. Which means overall nxt viewership has always been higher than aew

Registered
This is a downgrade guys. Imagine the male winner choosing to go after the ECW Title back then. Thats how I see it. But sure, if you guys want this match and it happens, so be it

Registered
Why would Rhea be the one to challenge Charlotte when she's the champion? This is just like when Seth and Kofi were begging for Brock to cash in his MITB contract on one of them, makes the champions look lesser when they're supposed to be the best in the division.

But on the flipside at least with Charlotte going after the NxT title we won't have worry about her facing Becky again, becoming SD Women's champion(again), or main eventing Wrestlemania.

Registered
Well it seems we're getting out wish, I don't see them giving Charlotte the NXT Title but it would put Ripley over huge at WrestleMania and help put continue to raise NXT as an equal to RAW and SD.

Premium Member
1. It'll be an embarrassment if NXT loses the ratings war after this huge advertisement.
That's not the embarrassing bit. The embarrassing bit is if NXT drops in ratings AGAIN after cross-branding with a headliner. This would just confirm WWE NXT - on its own - isn't cutting the mustard against Dynamite.

2. AEW's Women's Division is still trash, and everyone knows that, so it's in NXT's best interests to flaunt their division as hard as they can to take advantage of the spot where AEW lacks the most. "Hey, this is something you can't get on the other show, and we do it better than everyone else!" That's what makes Charlotte vs Rhea and/or Bianca such a huge sell.
I don't think this would work, the women's division is actually improving AND people might come to the conclusion that even though NXT is currently stronger in one area, it is weaker in the rest.

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #93
That's not the embarrassing bit. The embarrassing bit is if NXT drops in ratings AGAIN after cross-branding with a headliner. This would just confirm WWE NXT - on its own - isn't cutting the mustard against Dynamite.
NXT beat AEW during the build to and shortly after Survivor Series. I have no doubt that Charlotte going should continue the streak of cross brand domination.

I don't think this would work, the women's division is actually improving AND people might come to the conclusion that even though NXT is currently stronger in one area, it is weaker in the rest.
The champion never shows up, the Nightmare Collective is the worst thing in professional wrestling, and their most talented worker, Shida, isn't even being used on TV. AEW's women's division is a total joke.

Premium Member
NXT beat AEW during the build to and shortly after Survivor Series.
That's what I'm saying. NXT only ever beats AEW (in the USA) when a RAW/SD headliner 'visits' NXT, then they go back to RAW/SD and NXT's ratings drop again - in nearly six months NXT has only out-viewed Dynamite 4 times. NXT can't keep relying on the main roster for quick unsustainable wins.

The champion never shows up, the Nightmare Collective is the worst thing in professional wrestling, and their most talented worker, Shida, isn't even being used on TV. AEW's women's division is a total joke.
Again, AEW's female division has scope to improve (it already is doing), but Dynamite is vastly superior in:

• Variety - AEW has structure, promo, vignette, in-ring etc etc. NXT doesn't.
  • Story telling - there isn't any in NXT
  • Promo's - NXT is just dull dry scripted stuff
  • Does NXT have a tag team - a proper one?
  • AEW has great pace whether in-ring or not. NXT is just a one track pony of intense, fast paced and meaningless matches.
  • AEW implements long term fan enjoyment and investment - NXT relies on main roster talent and "Takeovers" - 'MOMENTS'
  • AEW actually develops its mid card - NXT doesn't, 90% of its roster are just past their sell by date PWG wrestlers. NXT does not develop anyone - it feeds the main roster
That's what WWE need to focus on and NOT just Ric Flairs daughter!

Southern Pride
Y'all. You can watch NXT 24 hours later on the WWE Network. That alone is already hurting NXTs chances of beating AEW in ratings every week.

I'm just thrilled that we are getting what some of us wanted, Charlotte vs. Ripley.

I will agree that AEWs Womens Division is far less superior right now. They have some talent, they just need to use them in a way that would benefit them more.

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #97
@LongPig666 I'm not arguing against AEW being an overall better show. I'm saying their women's division is unwatchable, but you keep talking about this phantom improvement. Explain to me how it's improving when last week's biggest talking point was a botched outside dive.

Registered
This is a terrible idea. WWE Creative has no idea what they doing or how much damage this will cause. The entire women's roster (not named Charlotte) should be pissed off. Just like they were last year. First Ronda and that Becky/Charlotte story destroyed the main roster progress. Now this will bury it even deeper. It took years to build the women's roster to something past the Diva era. Now in two straight years they will have trashed all that progress all for the quick buck. keep NXT seperate from the main product. There should be zero NXT presence at WM. Zero. Survivor Series, that's it. Even then that was too much.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts