Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about this after seeing @The Boy Wonder 's posts in my Bianca thread. He basically said there's no way Charlotte challenges Becky because it's too obvious, no one wants to see it, and Vince wants NXT on par with the main roster. I'm inclined to agree. At first, I thought like others and asked myself "why would Charlotte take a demotion?" Then as I continued to look at the bigger picture, I realized this does a lot of things.

*It elevates NXT to third brand status instead of developmental, like Survivor Series
*It creates a fresh Wrestlemania matchup between two strong company favorites
*It's unpredictable in regards to design and deciding a winner
*It makes Rhea look even more important than she already does because Charlotte is calling her out
*Shayna can fight Becky at Mania and spare us another mediocre triple threat match

And the more I weighed the positives, the more stupid I thought it was to ignore the possibilities. It definitely warrants a discussion.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
It's not a bad idea. I thought about this. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair would look amazing on a marquee.

I think they are going towards a Four Horsewomen match. I can see Charlotte wanting to challenge Becky, Bayley getting involved, Becky wants Bayley too, Sasha never got her Rumble spot, etc. It'll be convoluted as fuck, but if they could get Ronda, I think she would have won here, and if they wanted to do Becky/Shayna, they could have just had Shayna win and made another huge star.

My gut tells me it won't happen, but I hope someone has shown Vince what that match could look like.

·
The EST of NXT
28,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a bad idea. I thought about this. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair would look amazing on a marquee.

I think they are going towards a Four Horsewomen match. I can see Charlotte wanting to challenge Becky, Bayley getting involved, Becky wants Bayley too, Sasha never got her Rumble spot, etc. It'll be convoluted as fuck, but if they could get Ronda, I think she would have won here, and if they wanted to do Becky/Shayna, they could have just had Shayna win and made another huge star.

My gut tells me it won't happen, but I hope someone has shown Vince what that match could look like.
Vince saw a preview if he watched the Smackdown before Survivor Series. You can even use the angle of Charlotte wanting her win back.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
That's perfect but I have my doubts since it's likely seen as beneath her whether in her character or not.

She's still getting her MR Women's Title match but against Becky? Hell no it's been done to death, Against Sasha? Charlotte has beaten her too many times before just go back to 2016 and then look at the chances Sasha wins at WM against someone who's heavily favored and also came up short just last year meaning it's not looking good for Sasha, Bayley? Sounds boring to me nothing much else to say, Lacey? It's new and possible but I'd rather someone better which would be Ripley easily but she's in NXT.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
You watch them do Becky going after both belts and Charlotte wanting both Becky and Bayley and Sasha squeezing in there. That leaves them more room to jam a whole bunch of teams into something for the Women's Tag Team Titles.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,259 Posts
You just want to see her suffer, don't you? 😂
So much. I'm seething over here, I finally understand how Reigns haters feel. Just hearing her music hit made my stomach drop cause I knew everybody was about to get their shit pushed in. The difference is Roman sells his ass off for his opponents and his time on top seemed longer than it was because of all the false starts, til this day Roman has only been champ 181 days.

·
The EST of NXT
28,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So much. I'm seething over here, I finally understand how Reigns haters feel. Just hearing her music hit made my stomach drop cause I knew everybody was about to get their shit pushed in. The difference is Roman sells his ass off for his opponents and his time on top seemed longer than it was because of all the false starts, til this day Roman has only been champ 181 days.
My eyes rolled into the back of my head like The Undertaker when 3 women looked like idiots trying to eliminate her like she's The Big Show. It's fucking silly to make them look that pathetic and then wonder why we have no other stars.

I guess it's safe to assume that you and Bianca had the same reaction

·
16,259 Posts
My eyes rolled into the back of my head like The Undertaker when 3 women looked like idiots trying to eliminate her like she's The Big Show. It's fucking silly to make them look that pathetic and then wonder why we have no other stars.

I guess it's safe to assume that you and Bianca had the same reaction
That was my exact reaction. Cancer's theme should be a mix up of Taker's and Brock's so whoever is in the ring knows how bad they're about to be fucked.

Also, great psychology by Bianca there, she's not afraid of Charlotte but she knows with how much energy she's expended this is the last person in the world she wants to see right now.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh I love nothing more than people on here getting angry over Charlotte, it's so sad and pathetic yet funny at the same time. Charlotte was going to win a Royal Rumble sooner or later. Sure, Baszler would have been a better choice, but Charlotte is fine too. I'm 100% on board with her winning it because she's not challenging Lynch, Baszler vs Lynch in my opinion is still going to be the WrestleMania match they go with. Charlotte vs Ripley would be a great match to go with and would put Ripley over huge.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I do understand they will not give Shayna the quick push,for someone who might be will get promoted to main roster, this push by have her win rumble kinda premature, even Charlotte took more than 6 months to get her spot at Mania but by make Charlotte win it? Everything look obvious (unless Ronda return),she wouldn't go for NXT title, she might be challenge Brock Lesnar to make history and Brock will submit to Figure 69 leg lock.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I'm not against Charlotte winning if they have a plan, but the idea that "she was always going to win one" is a bit silly when we're talking about booking. It doesn't mean she was the right choice to win this one. The right choice to win this one is the right choice to win this one -- whether that be Shayna, Charlotte or whoever.

That main event Rumble was so good that it's put me in a good mood about the company. I'm going to take the "wait and see" approach with this one. She might end up against Becky and it might have huge stakes. Or she might end up against Bayley from Reception and it...be what it is. Or they might do Rhea vs. Charlotte and surprise everyone and send a top star there for a cup of coffee to help them out and freshen things up. But it's not like Charlotte winning this thing is inherently a bad thing. She's a huge star for them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If they want to elevate NXT as a legitimate third brand, it might be an good option. But I don’t think it will happen. Unless they find a way to bring back Ronda Rousey or bring in Shayna Baszler, WM will be another four horsewoman show.

·
16,259 Posts
You really need to stay off the internet for a while or stop watching wrestling if you're getting this angry over a scripted soap opera show.
Well that's a lame ad hominem, we all dedicate too much time, energy, passion and money to this kid's tv show.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts