Wrestling Forum banner

Horrible Promos

1953 25
I find them just as entertaining as good ones but have a horrible memory about these things. So let's see em.

One of my personal faves:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i love that one too.

hogan calls himself "the right gay guy", says he had a fight with "a rock" and tells mcmahon to kiss his ass after an awkward silence. classic.

you can't make a thread like this without Scott Steiner

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott Steiner is like the ayatollah of hilarious promos haha

·
Registered
654 Posts
Can someone please tell me what the fuck is so horrible about that? I mean, he didn't set the world on fire but he was certainly competent. I've seen so much worse.

You know, something I've noticed is that the IWC is full of bandwagons. Sometimes I wonder if people really believe what they are saying or if they are just saying shit to get rep and to feel "included". A few people say they like ADR, next thing you know it's a spooge fest. I wonder if anyone really has a legit reason for liking ADR other than it's popular on here. Same for The Miz and whoever else the darling of the week is.

Same goes for the Hardyz. Everyone loves to bash the Hardyz when in reality they have done a lot for the buisiness. More than ADR or the Miz ever will. I think people just make crackhead jokes about Jeff and fat jokes about Matt because it popular. To be part of the "cool kids".

Same with JoMo's mic ability. No, he's not the Rock. But he's a good solid average. I just think people bash his mic skills because they've heard it so much they now believe it. And we all know most people hear and see what they want to believe. I see nothing in that promo that justifies the crap he gets on here.

Please, give me an average to below average mic worker who can light it up in the ring over some supposedly "great" mic worker who is an embarrassment in the ring any day. Thank God for guys like JoMo who can get in done in the ring.

/end rant

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
First of all, no thread like this could be complete without some Lex Luger

Here're some more

Here's a tip Steve, look at the camera, not The Red Rooster

I love you Owen but you fucked up here

A man of few words? Not few enough apparently :lmao

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
(Can't find the full video)

You know there's something wrong when the audience starts chanting that. But i respected Ziggler for not feeling down and still decided to continue and finished that stupid promo.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Can someone please tell me what the fuck is so horrible about that? I mean, he didn't set the world on fire but he was certainly competent. I've seen so much worse.

You know, something I've noticed is that the IWC is full of bandwagons. Sometimes I wonder if people really believe what they are saying or if they are just saying shit to get rep and to feel "included". A few people say they like ADR, next thing you know it's a spooge fest. I wonder if anyone really has a legit reason for liking ADR other than it's popular on here. Same for The Miz and whoever else the darling of the week is.

Same goes for the Hardyz. Everyone loves to bash the Hardyz when in reality they have done a lot for the buisiness. More than ADR or the Miz ever will. I think people just make crackhead jokes about Jeff and fat jokes about Matt because it popular. To be part of the "cool kids".

Same with JoMo's mic ability. No, he's not the Rock. But he's a good solid average. I just think people bash his mic skills because they've heard it so much they now believe it. And we all know most people hear and see what they want to believe. I see nothing in that promo that justifies the crap he gets on here.

Please, give me an average to below average mic worker who can light it up in the ring over some supposedly "great" mic worker who is an embarrassment in the ring any day. Thank God for guys like JoMo who can get in done in the ring.

/end rant
Bandwagon my fucking ass, I kinda like Morrison, not big on him, but I do like him but you gotta get your eyes and ears checked if you think this one is decent. This promo sucks for two big reasons:

1) His Facial Expressions, His awkwardly forced fake smile almost makes him seem kinda nervous.

2)His delivery, there is no flow in his delivery.

Example:

'First off, I'd like to congratulate Jeff on becoming the World Heavyweight Champion!'

'Now I know he worked hard to earn that title..'

And then in this part:

' Now Jeff said earlier that we are gonna create history, and he is exactly right.'

The energy from our match tonight will spark a blaze..'

Then this part

'John Morrison is the one with nothing to lose and everything to gain!'

... 'awkard nervous laugh'

'I hope Jeff's had a good time at the Hardy Party..'
Once again, I like Morrison, think he can cut a decent promo but this is not one of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.