Wrestling Forum banner

Is Hornswoggle on WWE programming really so bad?

• Nope. He makes the kids laugh, sometimes is funny, I don't mind him too much.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Yes. absolutely horrible. Way overexposed, no place for him on TV. Get rid of him

Votes: 15 53.6%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with all the hate against hornswoggle?

I'll admit i don't really watch smackdown a lot where he's been lately (in fact, i probably havent watched raw on a regular basis for a few months...normally i watch off and on throughout the yr but get rlly excited towards Rumble/WM, or whenever any big ppv matches are being set up).

But seriously...who cares? So they bring out a little midget, whose funny and makes the kids laugh sometimes. Obviously, he's not only going to interact with NXT lvl rookies nobody cares about, because he's often so popular with kids/audience. So instead, he often ends up interacting with some of the bigger stars (such as his mini-run with Cena during the Rumble). What's the harm?

All i ever see and read is hate about hornswoggle, how stupid he is, how people cant believe how he's on TV, etc.

I dunno, it never really bothered me so much. The day where you see hornswoggle beat up undertaker, or win the championship, or something stupid like that, I guess there'd be a reason to complain.

What do you guys think? Do you really think he's that bad?

· Registered
6,603 Posts
He's comic relief, and as a worker, he plays his character to perfection. I'm not saying he should be on TV all the time, but let's be honest, he's just not. Rare appearances and a brief comic interlude to keep the crowd hot in a 70 minute Royal Rumble are hardly examples of him ruining entire shows.

People will claim he's 'buried' Tyson Kidd, but they're ignoring the fact that when you proclaim that you're going after a title, then have no further interaction with the champion, while they quickly and quietly disappear your 7ft bodyguard from TV, well, they don't have plans for you anyway.

· Registered
42 Posts
He's alright as a bit of comic relief however having him as the last ever cruiserweight champ was a step too far, as much as I hated myself for it I enjoyed some of his spots during the rumble and the segment with Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown. So he's ok sometimes as long as he's only used in light hearted segments.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
He's not really that bad, its just WWE feeling the need to have him in important situations for no reason.

The rumble does have its moments, but no way he needed to be there as long as he was. Maybe for like a minute or two but that's it.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I don't really mind the guy that much to be honest, actually the segment he had on latest Smackdown with Del Rio and Kofi was very entertaining. Besides, i can always skip his silly segments if i want to because i usually watch Smackdown on youtube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.