Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this doesnt only apply to Brock, but he just seems like the only guy right now that makes it hard to tell between real/worked..

Ever since he came back its been hard for me to tell whether he was legit mad or it was completely a work. After all, they do have to try and come off as seriously mad for feuds/gimmicks to work. Like when he busts Cena open on RAW with what looked to be serious punches, heat.. And when he busted Cena open right from the getgo at ER, with elbows to the head.. And for me Cena's arm looked really messed up but I guess it wasnt to bad since he came right back and took a beating to it on RAW...

Maybe Brocks gimmick just friggin works, maybe he is THAT good at selling it. When he comes out, to me, he looks legit pissed like he just dont give a F.. He really seems like he could just all out care less about anybody and could care less about having to be fake with his punches, moves..

Everything almost seemed kinda legit for awhile until last nights RAW. I noticed he didnt exactly pummel HHH with fists like he would if he was legit pissed, and im sure HHH's arm didnt break and it was planned.. I just really want some answers as to this guys mindset and what is a work and what's legit.. Maybe he just has a short temper and cant stand getting slapped around..

And also, I keep hearing it wasnt planned for him and Cena to brawl like that on RAW and it wasnt planned for the lockerroom to come out and break them up... Truth?

·
"He's just like someone from a David Lynch film."
4,771 Posts
Now this doesnt only apply to Brock, but he just seems like the only guy right now that makes it hard to tell between real/worked..

Ever since he came back its been hard for me to tell whether he was legit mad or it was completely a work. After all, they do have to try and come off as seriously mad for feuds/gimmicks to work. Like when he busts Cena open on RAW with what looked to be serious punches, heat.. And when he busted Cena open right from the getgo at ER, with elbows to the head.. And for me Cena's arm looked really messed up but I guess it wasnt to bad since he came right back and took a beating to it on RAW...

Maybe Brocks gimmick just friggin works, maybe he is THAT good at selling it. When he comes out, to me, he looks legit pissed like he just dont give a F.. He really seems like he could just all out care less about anybody and could care less about having to be fake with his punches, moves..

Everything almost seemed kinda legit for awhile until last nights RAW. I noticed he didnt exactly pummel HHH with fists like he would if he was legit pissed, and im sure HHH's arm didnt break and it was planned.. I just really want some answers as to this guys mindset and what is a work and what's legit.. Maybe he just has a short temper and cant stand getting slapped around..

And also, I keep hearing it wasnt planned for him and Cena to brawl like that on RAW and it wasnt planned for the lockerroom to come out and break them up... Truth?
:lmao

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
The initial split lip was an accident, he clearly catches him with the end of his wrist as he pulls he 2nd/3rd swing. The other two were works, wouldn't be surprised if Cena bladed before he came out and the was loosly sealing knowing he'd take an early elbow to open it up.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Whu-whu-whuuuuuuut?

It's all a work. Workers can add some of their own anger or personal emotions to something to make it more "real" but if Brock hits someone, and it isn't in the script, then he's in trouble. If Brock decided to go over and put Michael Cole in the same hold, and cause legit pain, then he's in trouble.

Is that what you're asking?

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts

I have to agree with you. Its really hard to tell what is real and what is worked, and I freaking love it. I loved Cena vs Brock, not because of the blood, but for the intensity. The intensity really made it feel more real. The elbwos since they busted him open seems real enoug :). The only thing I didnt like with that match was the ending, not that I dislike Cena or so, he could have won if you ak me, but what the hell was that?

Cena got owned by Brock the entire match and then boom shackalacka he hit Brock with the chain(sure that hurts, but compared to the beating Cena got...) and then the aa on the stairs(again, compared with the beating Cena got it was nothing) and won, just like that. I do understand him wiining, he needed that win after he lost against Rock at Wrestlemania. But what made it all feel so weird was that Cena after the match talked about taking a break, and then my question is, why a win before he´s going on a vacation? wouldnt it benefit an active wrestler?(im sure Brock is still on contract will will still come to Raw, he is after all, exactly what they need)

And I really like the Brock - Triple H segment, for the same reason as Cena vs Brock, the intensity. It really felt real and you almost sat there and said "ouch" at every hit.

And btw, ER was imo better then WM, Sheamus vs Bryan was awsome, they really showed what they can do. Punk vs Jericho was also awsome, and last: Cena vs Brock was pure awsomeness.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I know its worked, scripted, planned and probably rehearsed.. Just like the contract signing/Brocks requests were planned im sure.. It just almost seemed like WWE knows they need Brock and they WANT him and it kinda almost seemed legit that he had demands and wanted things his way since he knows they need him. But I guess its all a work and just part of the story and he sells most of it really well.

But like with the brawl on Raw, if the lip wouldnt have been busted open it might not have seemed so realistic/brutal.. I mean he wasnt pouring blood I know but it really added to that part and it sucks to think they didnt plan on that.

But like many other people Brock is the reason im sticking around, and it looks like he will be scripted to be "suspended" for a few weeks... Of course I try and keep in touch with whats going on cause I do NOT wanna miss another return like SCSA/Taker/Batista/Goldberg etc.. But for someone who isnt a fan of anyone on the show except the older guys, it just plain sucks when they dont have anyone on the show like that. I got so used to seeing Rock/HHH/HBK/Taker a couple months ago when all the WM promo's were going on, it sucks to all of a sudden just have Brock, maybe HHH or Kane to look forward to.. And Kane doesnt even count cause they cant do anything good with him.IMO they need to try and keep someone big like that on the shows more especially for ratings. There are alot of us fans who could care less about the new breed...

·
Banned
882 Posts
It's called talent. Brock is good at what he does and makes you believe it's real. Even when you know its kayfabe, it appears real.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts