Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get they need a gimmick for her, small as it may be. But when one has a gimmick, they need to have their character reflect that. But I have seen Nikki do nothing in her actions or words that warrant her being "Fearless".
Taking on any challenger? Every Diva does that.
Not backing off when faced with a challenge? No. She has on numerous occasions retreated when faced with intimidation.
Will fight overcoming odds by herself? She's almost never without someone helping her in some capacity or being ringside.
Nearly everything about her character screams cowardly, cheating, petty, spoiled bitch. A.K.A. a woman Heel

Now all of what I listed can be invalidated with the notion that she is a Heel. Heels by their nature can be completely delusional and obviously not what they claim. But there is no sense of irony or deception when she and others call her "Fearless". If anything, the term is one that would be used for a Face!

So is she a Face? When you look at her Twitter Feed, Facebook updates, interviews, public appearances, or role on Total Divas, one would think that would be the case. She often touts about how much of a role model she is. In some aspect, she is. She is one of the most famous women is wrestling right now. Made it to the top. And shows appreciation for her fans. A perfectly reasonable conclusion based on this alone is that she is a Face.

However, her character on the ACTUAL wrestling show seems to be at war constantly with these two extremely different sides of her! She will commit all of the aforementioned Heel tropes. And act like a total c*nt in one promo, then turn right around and be all "positive role model" in the next.

Neither one leads anywhere close to being Fearless. In all the inconsistencies that is the character of Nikki Bella, how is she Fearless? Can anyone tell me how, in character, she can be called this?

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,066 Posts
She's a Bella, nothing they do makes sense, at least Nikki's hot, that's about all she's got

Reactions: Maizeandbluekid

· Banned
14,762 Posts
Because every Diva is supposed to have some worthless tag line that they can try to sell merchandise with and put over.

Being "fearless" means fucking the top guy, getting handed a year long title reign where you do nothing, and winning matches as a heel while pandering to audiences as a face leaving everyone confused as to what the fuck your alignment is.

· Registered
2,967 Posts
How is Kane a demon? How is the undertaker a dead guy? It's just a moniker
That's not even the same. Story telling, segments, entrances and even their matches have helped those explanations for their characters all these years. But what exactly has Nikki done to prove she's fearless? Wtf is Brie Mode even? I've never seen Nikki do anything to prove she's more fearless than anyone else. I've never seen Brie shouting "Brie Mode!" transform her character in any way during the match. The point is that they mean absolutely nothing and they have never expanded on it. This is a huge reason why I skip all the Divas shit. The story telling and character develoment is non-existent. Just a bunch of glamour girls fighting over a giant pink butterfly.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is Kane a demon? How is the undertaker a dead guy? It's just a moniker
With Kane, he is shown to have the power to summon fire, drag people to "Hell", and other otherworldly powers I cant think of at this moment.
Undertaker has always had this air of a man who is between the line of dead and alive. Rising again from being "dead", has minions of darkness, and and overall persona of an unstoppable Zombie.
Its a gimmick they work with.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's not even the same. Story telling, segments, entrances and even their matches have helped those explanations for their characters all these years. But what exactly has Nikki done to prove she's fearless? Wtf is Brie Mode even? I've never seen Nikki do anything to prove she's more fearless than anyone else. I've never seen Brie shouting "Brie Mode!" transform her character in any way during the match. The point is that they mean absolutely nothing and they have never expanded on it. This is a huge reason why I skip all the Divas shit. The story telling and character develoment is non-existent. Just a bunch of glamour girls fighting over a giant pink butterfly.
To be fair, "Brie Mode" is something that exists. It was what they called her state when she is VERY drunk and overall ridiculous. Since the term became popular from Total Divas, they incorporated it into her matches. Though they changed its meaning to some kind of "Hulking Out" bit. It doesn't work at all, but at least she's using the phrase to mean SOMETHING. If they put in the effort(little as it is) to show us what Brie's gimmick is supposed to be, why not do the same for their Top Diva?

· Registered
5,382 Posts
For those who don't know:

Nikki was Fearless because people made fun of her for being fat and insecure. So she became fearless by ignoring them and being proud of her body aka not being insecure no more and then losing weight.....This is what the brand wants you to believe

When in fact Nikki, was and is still insecure, which is why she has the boob job, which is complete hypocrisy to the fearless brand. Nikki never overcame anything, she is still much larger than her sister (which is what people originally said), so she gets a boob job to build her confidence and pretend she is good looking, that is how she overcame, then goes to hospitals and tells kids they can overcome anything like she did. Which is funny, cause Nikki never does anything fearless and on screen haven't covered the subject in quite awhile. The slogan for the brand should be "You can overcome anything and be fearless, if you have $10,000 to fix your problems".

So they slap a sticker on her ass, and sell her brand like hot cakes (also known as the "Kardashian Method").

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
127,684 Posts
She's not afraid of letting Cena work stiff with her. ;)

She has never given up. When she started, she was basically a glorified model. But she has persevered and grown from an almost nothing to one of the best there is in WWE. She should be lauded for that, not vilified or diminished, as if being Cena's girlfriend is the reason for her vast improvement.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Nikki was Fearless because people made fun of her for being fat and insecure. So she became fearless by ignoring them and being proud of her body aka not being insecure no more and then losing weight.....This is what the brand wants you to believe

When in fact Nikki, was and is still insecure, which is why she has the boob job, which is complete hypocrisy to the fearless brand. Nikki never overcame anything, she is still much larger than her sister (which is what people originally said), so she gets a boob job to build her confidence and pretend she is good looking, that is how she overcame, then goes to hospitals and tells kids they can overcome anything like she did. Which is funny, cause Nikki never does anything fearless and on screen haven't covered the subject in quite awhile. The slogan for the brand should be "You can overcome anything and be fearless, if you have $10,000 to fix your problems".

So they slap a sticker on her ass, and sell her brand like hot cakes (also known as the "Kardashian Method").
I think that was what I was after! It may be supported by false messages about empowerment, but there is a reason for the phrase! Honestly, thank you. I was not aware of that aspect of her history. If that truly is the reason behind it, at least its something. Sure, they have not brought it up, but I can at least know now what they were trying to go for.

· Registered
24,213 Posts
Bad mouthing Kharma that one time was pretty fearless. Or stupid.

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,873 Posts

Ah the IWC shrink, that person who can make detailed analysis of people they've never met. A lot of women who get boob jobs dont do it for insecurity at all, sure the model hating smarks on wrestling forums will assure you every woman who even wears makeup is a self hating insecure mess but thats not the case.

Not sure how Nikki can be called fat either, or that she has to pretend to be attractive like its some fact that she's a hideous troll. Oh she never worked the indys so she must be ugly...

If you do want to find a Fearless attribute of the Nikki Bella character its probably ignoring the smarks who think its impossible to be trained, impossible to improve unless you're on da indys for $2 a night. Ignoring all that hate and busting her ass to become one of the best female wrestlers in WWE.

But even if Nikki Garcia was an insecure mess what does that have to do with the Nikki Bella character? I mean Mark Calloway isn't a real zombie wizard...

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How is Paige a Goth? How is Dean a Lunatic?

WWE booking have never got behind the Fearless thing but she uses it a lot on social media they way you'd imagine it used.
I wasn't inquiring about the validity of her gimmick, I was more after ANYTHING about her character reflected the term "Fearless"
Paige is pale, dresses in black leather with bolts on her clothes. One can get the "Goth" message.
Dean Ambrose acts strange in many ways, is reckless with his body, and has an overall persona of someone who has an unhinged mindset. To various degrees of intensity. "Lunatic" can be believed as the intended gimmick.

· Registered
24,213 Posts
To be fair, "Brie Mode" is something that exists. It was what they called her state when she is VERY drunk and overall ridiculous. Since the term became popular from Total Divas, they incorporated it into her matches. Though they changed its meaning to some kind of "Hulking Out" bit. It doesn't work at all, but at least she's using the phrase to mean SOMETHING. If they put in the effort(little as it is) to show us what Brie's gimmick is supposed to be, why not do the same for their Top Diva?
There must be a snowman in hell. Because not on this universe should a Bella be the top diva.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.