Wrestling Forum banner

Hollywood Hogan vs Hollywood Rock who ya got?

• Hollywood Hogan

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Hollywood Rock

Votes: 37 57.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both were very entertaining in there own ways and while Hogan's hollywood character had a much wider impact than Rock's, It's not about that. Let's compare who is more entertaining and who pulled off the character better to you personally?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Hogan, brother.

·
Registered
381 Posts
hollywood rock was amazingly entertaining, but there is just no denying hollywood hogan. What he did was absolutely legendary. The greatest heel turn of all time, and its not even close. Hollywood Hogan almost baknrupted WWF, i think that says enough

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hollywood hogan was better draw,
But hollywood rock was fucking amazing.
Nobody can be compared with hollywood rock in entertaining

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
The nWo videos, segments, promos, interviews, announcements and vignettes from 1996 are probably the most outright awesome I've ever seen in wrestling, and Hulk was reason numero uno why. 03 Rock was great, though. It's really cool that they tunred this "mainstream star" stuff into a gimmick for him and he had the Hollywoood big-shot act nailed.

·
Asuka
96,218 Posts
I'm not very fond of Rock, but I have a scathing intolerance for basically anything Hogan, so for me it's Hollywood Rock and it's not even close. I've never understood the appeal of Hogan as a talent whatsoever, whereas I can at least understand where people are coming from who are huge Rock marks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not very fond of Rock, but I have a scathing intolerance for basically anything Hogan, so for me it's Hollywood Rock and it's not even close. I've never understood the appeal of Hogan as a talent whatsoever, whereas I can at least understand where people are coming from who are huge Rock marks.
thats because your opinions on anything talent related are moronic

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
You know, they both did a REALLY good job at being a Hollywood douchebag. To each their own on who they liked better, but I think we should all agree they were both fantastic in the role and neither guy was vastly better than the other.

I think Hogan generated more heat of the two though.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
It's Hogan and not even close. The fact that the poll is tied at 7 indicates that
a) people hate Hogan, and therefore deny the great thing Hollywood Hogan heel, heel-turn, nWo brought
b) kiss Rocky's ass no matter what
c) never witnessed Hollywood Hogan as they were too young

·
Registered
326 Posts
This is a good question, My favorite wrestler growing up vs my personal favorite of all time. Hollywood Hogan turning heel was the biggest thing in wrestling since Hulk Hogan slammed Andre, but in terms if being entertained Hollywood Rock has no peer. it's amazing he came back and in that 2 month run on raw was pretty much the focal point of the show and was great at it. The crazy thing for me is Most of the great Wrestlers in History come into their prime after they turn 30, promo and wrestling skill wise. Rock was 30 during this time, and maybe still had not reached his prime. that's crazy to think about.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Or maybe those people simply preferred Rock
It's Hogan and not even close. The fact that the poll is tied at 7 indicates that
a) people hate Hogan, and therefore deny the great thing Hollywood Hogan heel, heel-turn, nWo brought
b) kiss Rocky's ass no matter what
c) never witnessed Hollywood Hogan as they were too young
a)
Fuck Hogan. Rock all the way!!!!
b)

I enjoyed Hollywood Rock about 500 times more. Hollywood Hogan was just down right embarrassing.

c) is probably an deciding factor as well

1 - 20 of 38 Posts