Wrestling Forum banner

Better character/run?

• Hollywood Rock

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Hollywood Hogan

Votes: 26 41.9%

Hollywood Hogan or Hollywood Rock

2815 Views 29 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  z2019k
Both extremely over and brilliant in their own different ways.

Question is who do you prefer?

For me, Rocky was a thousand times more entertaining. Hogan had a much bigger and shocking heel turn. Charisma-wise both guys were on levels hardly anyone can reach
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Hollywood Hogan and it's not even close, he was on top when wrestling was on top and he put wrestling on top.
I agree with this.

Hollywood Hogan: Re-revolutionized pro wrestling
Hollywood Rock: Just a cool, different character for the Rock to play.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
The Rock revolutionized the heel role in the industry back in 1998...got fans cheering openly for the bad guys. Nobody was cheering Hollywood Hogan..they were pro Sting and Goldberg the whole way until the end. They even tried to turn Sting heel in 1999 and the fans still cheered him. Hogan's heel turn was big for WCW and the Monday Night Wars but Hollywood Rock made a fool out of anyone and everyone who ever posted on the internet at that time. They were saying he SUCKS and all of that shit but they flip flopped in one night after the Toronto promo. You'll never see anything like it ever again in the industry.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Nowhere near better...he was surrounded by cool heels Nash and Hall. That made his presentation look better. The Rock was on his own backing up everything he said.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Hollywood Hogan, maybe not the best (better than Rock, though) but certainly the greatest heel of all time.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
I liked both a lot but personally, 'Hollywood' Rock was amazing. Every time he cut a promo or had a segment or a match I would be laughing at something he either says or does, even if he was a heel. He shamelessly took advantage of 'cheap heat' as well and did it in such a cocky 'Hollywood' way that made me love the gimmick even more. The concert he had in Sacremento was the icing on the top for me. Loved it.

· "Ingrato De Chicago"
1,007 Posts
Both were great. But Hollywood Hogan was way better. Someone that was a face all his career and to have a shocking best heel turn of all time and went with so damn well.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Rock is so much better than Hogan it's not even funny. Hogan is a fucking joke who got lucky. I don't think much of Rock either, but he's about 100x more charismatic than Hogan, 100x better on the mic and 500x better in the ring (and believe me, with Rock, that's saying something...).

The only reason I could POSSIBLY justify giving this to Hogan is because he actually changed characters when he turned heel and Rock didn't, but the gap in talent is just too far. WAY too far.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
Come on now.

Yeah, Rocky was more talented and (arguably) more entertaining than Hollywood Hogan, but still. Hogan's heel turn solidified WCW as the top company, spearheaded one of the biggest things in wrestling history (NWO), not to mention he played it to perfection. Hollywood Rock was just a name, a play off his movie career. There wasn't any real difference from that and any other incarnation of the Rock.

If you preferred Rocky, sure, but to say he was better? Umm.........

· F*ck Del Rio
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rock is so much better than Hogan it's not even funny. Hogan is a fucking joke who got lucky. I don't think much of Rock either, but he's about 100x more charismatic than Hogan, 100x better on the mic and 500x better in the ring (and believe me, with Rock, that's saying something...).
:eek:

Wel atleast we now know you prefer The Rock to atleast 1 guy :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.