Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the WWE treats viewers as though they don't have a great memory, but for argument's sake, let's analyze what's been laid out. C.M. Punk leads the "New" Nexus against John Cena now. Punk has cited Cena as a bully for the excess use of chairs on Wade Barrett and lambasts Barrett as someone who kept leading his guys to defeat as it were. A short time before the Barrett/Cena culmination, Punk (upon receiving a slammy) vowed retribution as he holds grudges aqainst an unnamed foe. A foe thought to be Daniel Bryan because the feud was interrupted by an injury to C.M. Punk before it could get under way and Cena had not yet beaten Barrett at TLC to back Punk's later reasoning. Nexus' "new management" with C.M. Punk as leader is also confusing for a few reasons. Was C.M. Punk, the current Nexus leader, not one of the first to get attacked by the original 8 members alongside Cena? Would that not have made him more likely to side with Cena on dispatching Wade Barrett? Lastly, couldn't Punk's leadership skills be called into question seeing as nearly every former Straight Edge Society member is gone, nor did they achieve anything under his leadership?

I know it's all kayfabe and storyline stuff, but these are the little things that clash and in my opinion muddy up things for the WWE creatively before they can get them off of the ground.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are many holes in this story, I don't know why they put Punk in Nexus, and it has severely halted this story, to top it off they keep throwing more and more rookies, which no one knows or care about, it's just they wanted to keep the nexus relevant instead of letting punk do his own thing. Honestly Punk is doing an AWFUL job, I like punk but really he isn't doing much for this group, he speaks like a priest or some religious savior, and even if it's his gimmick it's not doing anything for any of the other rookies. He's gonna get buried, his team is gonna get buried, Punk hasn't had a good feud in a long time, straight edge society was a complete failure, he isn't over enough to be a leader, he doesn't have that presence about him, he's like jericho where there great wrestlers, great on the mic, but never should they be leaders...just my opinion, that once again i have no idea what punk or creative is thinking again...

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Punk's grudges against an unnamed foe was Daniel Bryan probably, but creative realized they needed a feud for Cena after Barrett because the storyline was losing steam. Still, they could just explain this as the unnamed foe being Cena for "holding the lockerroom down".

Punk getting attacked doesn't matter, at all. Hell, Punk was ready to receive a beating from Slater and Gabriel the other week. He despises Cena, so why would he side with Cena just because he got attacked once by the Nexus? Punk didn't even get a bad beating though. Also, that Nexus was under the leadership of Barrett, with the likes of Tarver, Sheffield and Young.

I do agree they didn't really give us a reason why Punk is such a great leader. He has the aura of a leader, he can talk like a leader, but he has done nothing to actually show that he is. His match with Cena was a step in the right direction, because he came off equal to Cena. However, it would have been better for him to pin Cena after Mason Ryan's interference.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Punk's grudges against an unnamed foe was Daniel Bryan probably, but creative realized they needed a feud for Cena after Barrett because the storyline was losing steam. Still, they could just explain this as the unnamed foe being Cena for "holding the lockerroom down".

Punk getting attacked doesn't matter, at all. Hell, Punk was ready to receive a beating from Slater and Gabriel the other week. He despises Cena, so why would he side with Cena just because he got attacked once by the Nexus? Punk didn't even get a bad beating though. Also, that Nexus was under the leadership of Barrett, with the likes of Tarver, Sheffield and Young.

I do agree they didn't really give us a reason why Punk is such a great leader. He has the aura of a leader, he can talk like a leader, but he has done nothing to actually show that he is. His match with Cena was a step in the right direction, because he came off equal to Cena. However, it would have been better for him to pin Cena after Mason Ryan's interference.
Actually, it didn't.

If Punk had won the match cheating, it would've looked like he needs to cheat in order to beat Cena. But the ending made it look like anybody coul've won the match, really putting Punk at the same level as Cena.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts