Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching a lot of old stuff over the last few weeks, especially Hogan stuff and I was wondering who people thought was his greatest rival?
Rock had Austin
Michaels had Bret
Flair had Steamboat
but who did Hogan have?
Savage?
Flair?
Andre?
Sting?

I think overall I would say Savage, the MegaPowers feud was fantastic and I don't think Hogan had better matches than those he had with Savage. Their Wrestlemania V title match is one of my favourite Wrestlemania main events of all time, it had it all and was a great example of pro wrestling at it's best in my opinion.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Linda Hogan, no one else compares. i dont care that its personal and not wrestling related, she is easily his biggest rival

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I think the guy you'd have to say would have to be Andre the Giant. They had the biggest match in pro wrestling history and then Andre was the guy who finally dethroned Hulk and then just handed the title to Ted DiBiase. He's somebody else who I'd consider up there with Ted constantly trying to destroy Hulkamania by throwing monsters in his way. Then you have Ric Flair, with the age old question being who's better? The worker Flair or the draw Hogan? Good shout, whoever said Linda Hogan. She's a classic tag-team partner, by his side for years and then turns on him and brings him to his knees for the world to see.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hogan's most epic matches were against Andre and the Ultimate Warrior but I remember always enjoying his feud with Paul Orndorff. Orndorff played such a great antagonist and heel to Hogan and "Hulkamania".

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hogans biggest fueds over the years:

Iron Shiek
Sergent Slaughter
Piper
Flair
Savage
Big Bossmasn
Sid Justice
Warrior
Sting
Bundy
Mr Wonderful
Andre the Giant
Mr Perfect
Vader
Rock
Golberg

just to name some....

But Id say his top 3 rivals of all time are Piper, Flair, and Andre.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
He never had the one defining feud really. Piper was instrumental in the beginning of Hulkamania, Andre was huge, and the year long Savage deal was pretty good. The Warrior really doesn't meet the rival status since it was a one and done basically, and Sting's was a bit like Savage. Really, he had no Rock/Austin McMahon/Austin type of rivalry. He had a great succession of feuds, but no real rival.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I'd have to go with Andre or Savage. My personal favorites were Sting and King Kong Bundy.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts