Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro-wrestling legend Hulk Hogan, who “quit” TNA on last week’s taped edition of iMPACT! Wrestling on Spike TV, recently did a promotional interview for this week’s TNA television taping in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

While Hogan mentioned that he may not be at the taping this week, it is a bit curious when stepping outside of the storylines and analyzing the real-life contract situation with Hogan and TNA, considering the fact that Hogan’s contract reportedly expired on October 1st, and he is still promoting future TNA events. This would seem to indicate he’s still with TNA Wrestling.

Hogan, who played up his television feud with company president Dixie Carter, told the Tulsa World recently, “I think Dixie has flipped the switch or something, she’s off on a tangent here.”

Additionally, Hogan spoke as if he is still part of the behind-the-scenes effort to build the current TNA television product by saying, “It’s an artform and a lot of the artform has been lost because the TV demands that things happen fast and get out of the ring. So we’re trying to make wrestling how it should be.”

Check out the complete Hulk Hogan interview online at TulsaWorld.com.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Re: Hogan promotes Impact Wrestling taping in Tulsa;Indication of him still being in

Well it looks like he's still with TNA although I think most of us were expecting the whole "Hulk quitting" angle to be a work

I'm personally happy but they need to try and grow if they're going to keep him. TNA should try to tour Australia, Japan and New Zealand with Hulk. Last time Hulk was here I was apart of a crowd of about 10,000 strong watching him wrestle Ric Flair. I think TNA could do more then that when you throw in guys like Hardy, Angle and Sting. Japan with the Wrestle-1 deal should be a place they go as well they'd do amazing business with Hulk there.

If they are going to just remain in the USA I think it'd be good to cut back on his dates massively.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Re: Hogan promotes Impact Wrestling taping in Tulsa;Indication of him still being in

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

yeah, i think the evidence has pointed to him staying for a while.

a shame. But the bookings getting better now so ....

Wish WWE would offer him a contract, would be the best thing for TNA, the WWE and Hogan.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

I'm fine with him staying. As long as he doesn't get more air time than the majority of the wrestlers, I'm fine with it.

I think the majority of us knew he would be staying anyway.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,545 Posts

I'm fine with him staying. As long as he doesn't get more air time than the majority of the wrestlers, I'm fine with it.

I think the majority of us knew he would be staying anyway.
Yep.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Why wont he just go...

·
Registered
119 Posts

I'll be glad if he's staying but I do agree with people who say he doesn't improve ratings unless he wrestles. The truth is I don't think any one wrestler/wrestling personality would improve TNA's ratings over a substantial period of time, the only way to do that would be to have an unlimited pot of money and sign multiple big names the way WCW did. TNA are in a bit of a catch 22 situation because it's hard to create your own stars without having the exposure that the WWE has.

·
Registered
987 Posts

I'm surprised this many people thought it was a work. I legit believed he was gone.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

I still have hope that he will leave TNA. It's just pointless to have him. We already have Sting as the charismatic legend, no need to have Hogan too
Please WWE, give him a contract :(

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

could Hogan be used for TNA in a non wrestling non GM type role? no idea what that could be. right now with Dixie doing her heel thing I think it could really work to have a heel GM. someone like Jeff Jarrett would be good. but if there is a heel GM, and Hogan does return, what can Hogan really contribute if he isn't the GM?

I do think hogan can be beneficial in TNA, as long as he isn't smothering viewers by being on a lot.

·
Registered
904 Posts

I think Hogan is for sure staying, but will mostly just be working backstage for now. I've been wanting this to happen for awhile, so I'm not complaining at all.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts

Something must be fishy, he promoted TNA? usually he just talks about himself with no mention of the company.

Yes Hulk, we all saw you bodyslam Andre

:matt

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

I don't mind Hogan, but there shouldn't be any storylines centered around him. He should just be the GM and only the GM.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Still believe he'll make his comeback at Bound for Glory and help A.J. win the title. It really kills two birds with one stone there. He gets somewhat revenge on Bully and he gets back at Dixie, it makes sense.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts

Still believe he'll make his comeback at Bound for Glory and help A.J. win the title. It really kills two birds with one stone there. He gets somewhat revenge on Bully and he gets back at Dixie, it makes sense.
I think it's too soon although Dixie may freak out if crowds drop between now and Bound For Glory and rush him back.

·
Registered
18,606 Posts

I love Hogan , but please Hogan go...leave TNA fpalm

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

I think it's too soon although Dixie may freak out if crowds drop between now and Bound For Glory and rush him back.
It might be too soon but unless there's a swerve planned or Hogan is really gone for good, then I think he does come back at Bound for Glory because like I said earlier, it just makes sense.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,517 Posts

Damn! I was hoping he was gone for good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts