Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TNA has tried everything, including showing the home-grown talent is not going to cut it in this world.

I think Hogan needs to return to TV with a Hulkamania gimic and take the world by fire. Obviously not squashing people but winning every match cleanly, handicap matches, getting pins in tag matches, etc.

Slammiversary needs Hogan in the ME, but who shall oppose? Aries is my pick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is how TNA will get noticed:

1. For there to be a surge in the popularity of pro wrestling.
2. To promote their product consistently.
3. To go live, weekly, on the road.
4. To book a product that makes logical sense.
5. To give the viewers what they want.

In no way does Hogan help any of those five points. Even WWE's hero The Undertaker is best ONLY IN MODERATION.

Nice trolling.

·
Registered
813 Posts
TNA has tried everything, including showing the home-grown talent is not going to cut it in this world.
They have tried every thing but wrestling.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here's what TNA "Needs":

AJ & Aries need to be in the main event.
Beer Money needs to reform or AMW needs to reform.
Anyone as old or older than Daniels needs to be off the roster, used as a manager, or limited to an Undertaker schedule. (throw Kaz in that mix)
TNA needs to leave the iMPACT Zone (That should be obvious)
Events out of the Universal Studios NEED better production value.
Hogan and Flair should NEVER wrestle (sorry, i hate saying it too)
Garett Bischoff can stay, but he has to EARN his way up.
Longer matches need to exist, especially in ppvs. (case and point: Angle/Hardy @ Lockdown)
TNA needs to take more from current and topical events to mold stories for audiences to relate to.
The company needs to establish either a corporate face or a collective of strong faces that can represent the company for mass marketing (looks like they're getting there, but unless AJ is on Leno, they haven't reached that status i'm referring to)
Creative moves and submission wrestling needs to make a comeback.
TNA needs more creative personas and more engaging theme music (James Storm looks better as a result)

DEBATEABLE:
Get rid of women's wrestling (I hate to say it, but wrestling was at it's best without women. And no, I'm not sexist)

Obviously some of these points can be argued, but if TNA made even half of these changes, I guarantee their rating would improve. Period.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
- TNA must cut the pay per views to bi-monthly & make Impact 3 hours on Wednesday nights
- TNA must go live
- TNA must cut the roster , must go list
A.J. Styles
Anarquia
Christopher Daniels
D'Angelo Dinero
Devon
Hernandez
Kazarian
Kid Kash
Shannon Moore
Angelina Love
Tara
- TNA must remove TV title name and look and change to better looking North-American Title
- TNA need to make Jeff Hardy vs Hulk Hogan promote that match as Icon vs Icon for Bound for Glory

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Here is how TNA will get noticed:

1. For there to be a surge in the popularity of pro wrestling.
2. To promote their product consistently.
3. To go live, weekly, on the road.
4. To book a product that makes logical sense.
5. To give the viewers what they want.

In no way does Hogan help any of those five points. Even WWE's hero The Undertaker is best ONLY IN MODERATION.

Nice trolling.
Most of this is very general and easier said then done. Its platitudes and nothing more. Not really good advice.

Also its the 21st century...live wrestling shows do not improve ratings and TNA proved that MULTIPLE TIMES over the years.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
The only possible way this company will gain any current wrestling fans,Is if they get out of this snobby bullshit funk of what makes a good wrestling show. Someone stated in here that Lockdown felt amature cus of the production. I felt it was more then enough and fit the theme of the event. Anyways the guy stated that wwe can put on the most boring horrible match but people will still watch it because of all the crap around it.

Pretty sad i must say. This company is doing plenty of good things and to be honest i watched wwf wcw ecw wwe for years. I feel they have several younger talent that is much more exiting with much more character development.

wwe is meant to be a power force yet they are holding onto a few top last gen guys. John cena is the only guy that seems to be a big star in that company.Not that i even care or like the guy.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
A 2012 version of Hogan lacing it up has no longterm spark potential at all.

On a side note, the passion for a workrate based product among the populace is nowhere near enough to bolster TNA to some new level.

Major advancement for them is a dead issue in the U.S. and in terms of ratings and PPVs at this point in time. They are what they are.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
- TNA must cut the pay per views to bi-monthly & make Impact 3 hours on Wednesday nights
- TNA must go live
- TNA must cut the roster , must go list
A.J. Styles
Anarquia
Christopher Daniels
D'Angelo Dinero
Devon

Hernandez
Kazarian
Kid Kash
Shannon Moore
Angelina Love
Tara
- TNA must remove TV title name and look and change to better looking North-American Title
- TNA need to make Jeff Hardy vs Hulk Hogan promote that match as Icon vs Icon for Bound for Glory
Disagree with the bolded and completely dislike the idea of Hogan/Hardy. It would be a trainwreck.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Yeah, thats another amusing thing.

I've always been curious as to how releasing a person or people who have barely been used at times is going to make some significant difference in getting a fed noticed.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Well they need to stop having 2 names as the Brand. Promoting every possible thing as Impact Wrestling .People calling it Impact Wrestling world title.Then others saying TNA or having TNA has the logo for PPV. I get they are building up slammiversary as 10 years and makes sense to just use TNA. Hopefully soon after that ppv they just hurry up and drop it.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Im glad Speedstick and Sendcraig aren't runnin things in TNA or the company would be a low budget mess with few good workers and on its way to going under. Though I do agree with getting rid of Daniels and Tara would be a good option.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Im glad Speedstick and Sendcraig aren't runnin things in TNA or the company would be a low budget mess with few good workers and on its way to going under. Though I do agree with getting rid of Daniels and Tara would be a good option.
You clearly did not get my point. Oh well

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well they need to stop having 2 names as the Brand. Promoting every possible thing as Impact Wrestling .People calling it Impact Wrestling world title.Then others saying TNA or having TNA has the logo for PPV. I get they are building up slammiversary as 10 years and makes sense to just use TNA. Hopefully soon after that ppv they just hurry up and drop it.
I like the idea of calling it WIW, World Impact Wrestling. Don't see how that's any worse then TNA, which universally refers to Tits N' Ass.

·
Zombo
8,768 Posts
A guy who can't fall down on a feather mattress without fracturing 5 vertebrae is your suggestion to run over all of the competition?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Hogan should wrestle occasional matches, basically his 2005 WWE schedule is what he should be doing in TNA. Hogan as GM is a waste of time and money, nobody cares.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm fine with Hogan wrestling the occasional tag match on a PPV, but main event? It's this kinda short term thinking that killed WCW. Imagine if this kind of mentality had prevailed when WWF was losing the Monday Night Wars, Austin wasn't on the same level as Hogan or Sting so instead of pushing him into the main event they had him feud with Jake Roberts and Savio Vega for another year, in the meantime making him job to Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and The Undertaker a few times on Raw because they were bigger names at the time. If that had happened and they didn't take a risk on someone new I honestly don't think there would be a WWF today.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts