Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,533 Posts
Well considering WWE gave Punk the world and it wasn't enough for him and stormed off in a fit of whiny rage...maybe backing Lashley would have worked out better.

Lashley has become a good wrestler in TNA.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
That Lashley story is pretty funny. You can bet a bunch of similar arguments revolving around Reigns have come up backstage. I can't wait until more of them eventually leak out.

:jbl "It's a party MAGGLE with Torito, Dorito, mini Boogey, El Grande, Burrito, La Boca-Loca, Hornswaggle, Dink, El Danny, Two Thirds Taco, EL Jumping Bean, Viva La Short stuff MAGGLE"

:cole "VINTAGE WWE"

:booklel "Aww Sucky Ducky Quack Quack"

:lawler "Hey anybody else want a midget sitting on their lap? Come on Cole sit next to me and then will be like the TV Show Two and a half men"

:bahgawd " BY GOD ALMIGHTY this is by far the most RETARDED moment ever in Sports Entertainment. I'm out"

(Meanwhile at the Gorilla position)

:vince5 "Now tell them how BIG the Big Dawg Roman is compared to the midgets YEAHH, I LOVE THIS STUFF.Paul are you watching?"

:trips7
:clap

·
Registered
782 Posts
Funny how it's been said he is racist and holds african americans back, then you hear stuff like this.
Vince would prefer a white guy, everyone seems to know that by this point. It's been discussed at length on interviews, podcasts, etc... Nevermind the number of qualified African-American men to hold the WWE Title and the number of them to achieve that honor (Rock is pretty much it).

That said...

Vince gets off on muscle guys and Lashley was one of most muscley of the muscle guys around at the time.

I imagine he'll want to push (or do) Apollo when he's called up too. Apollo also has that look.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
CM Punk has revealed in the Colt Cabana podcast that Vince doesn't really give a shit about anyone but his pet guy. For years it was Cena, and now it's Roman Reigns. To him, everyone else is not important and he will step on them and bury them only to elevate his chosen one.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Lashley was pushed but I think they got cold feet.

His Smackdown push was based around him getting close to the a big win but getting screwed over.

Once in ECW it was used almost solely as a platform to get lashley over. They even had Vince fued with him. Once that story was over he vacated the title when drafted to Raw.

Then it went wrong. Whether they'd changed their minds or he was getting lost in the shuffle or a poor crowd reaction I don't know. He was clearly no longer the chosen son and fed to Cena.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
not trying to hijack the topic for this, but in support of this counter question, why the fuck would it matter if he "supported" Lashley anyway? It was WWE's ECW. That isn't shit of merit. That's not holding confidence in a black champion so miss me with that talk. Giving him the heavyweight title in ECW is the comparison of giving a toddler a gold star for being good.
The reason why they resurrected the name ECW was because Vince knew if he debuted a new C-brand from the ground up it would just be another Sunday Night Heat or Velocity.

This was Vince creating another WWE brand under the guise of ECW. He must have respected the ECW name well enough to know of its value and usefulness. He dug ECW out of its grave to make a quick buck. But because of ECW's reputation, anything less than what it once was was a big disappointment which was what it turned out to be.

Here's a new hot young star that wasn't a ECW relic that ECW's old faithful have accepted: CM PUNK and Vince still felt the need to squash it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well considering WWE gave Punk the world
As in not giving him one single main event at Mania in 8 years?!

And the only reason he got his title runs was because others got suspended (Hardy in 08), were in the doghouse (MVP in 08/09), or his contract was up (2011).

Punk succeeded in spite of WWE, not because of WWE. And this report proves that.

I'd pay good money to see the stupid look on Vince's face when Punk's first UFC buyrate is announced.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,533 Posts
As in not giving him one single main event at Mania in 8 years?!

And the only reason he got his title runs was because others got suspended (Hardy in 08), were in the doghouse (MVP in 08/09), or his contract was up (2011).

Punk succeeded in spite of WWE, not because of WWE. And this report proves that.

I'd pay good money to see the stupid look on Vince's face when Punk's first UFC buyrate is announced.
Punks very first feud was crushing an entire stable by himself on ECW. WWE clearly always liked him. He got a huge push I dont know why his fans feel the need to pretend he never amounted to anything. Even The Undertaker took 6 years before headlining a Mania, Kane never has, Big Show never has, and these are guys who have been around twice as long as Punk.

·
Read Only
1,147 Posts
The only time during John Cenas superman run that I actually wanted him to win was vs Lashley, Lashley sucked and would never have made it big, one of the biggest charisma vacuums ever imo.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Punks very first feud was crushing an entire stable by himself on ECW. WWE clearly always liked him. He got a huge push I dont know why his fans feel the need to pretend he never amounted to anything. Even The Undertaker took 6 years before headlining a Mania, Kane never has, Big Show never has, and these are guys who have been around twice as long as Punk.
WWE clearly liked him, despite it being said that had it no been for Paul Heyman, Punk would've been fired? Despite it being said that Triple H hated Punk from day one, and killed Punk's momentum for no reason, and WWE's own incompetency drove Punk away from wrestling as a whole?

No one's acting like Punk never amounted to anything, but he was undoubtedly, one of the biggest dropped balls in the last 10 years. He was the hottest guy they had in years in 2011, and they killed his momentum for no reason. I can understand why Punk fans would still be mad, considering WWE had no good reason to kill Punk's momentum as bad as they did.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Vince was right about Lashley, whom has become a successful MMA fighter and could realistically be their next heavyweight champion. Bellator should just create an interim heavyweight title and crown a champion in Lashley's next fight until their bastard Russian champion decides to show up and fight again (it's been since 2014).

Lashley has become the elite black wrestler in the world of professional wrestling. The WWE currently has no black wrestler that compares to Lashley.

Vince is trying to push Reigns down our throats because he thinks he can expand his demographics with him like the Rock (but the Rock was half black). Vince just sees him (pushes him) as other. McMahon wants him to appeal to the broader brown skinned audience and he really has nobody else good enough for this role (sadly).

The WWE's best opportunity out there for a face/hero that is black, that could be a success with the audience is Jay Lethal.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Even The Undertaker took 6 years before headlining a Mania, Kane never has, Big Show never has, and these are guys who have been around twice as long as Punk.
Taker became Champion in his first year and semi main evented pretty much every Mania after that.

Kane was in the semi main at his first Mania and became champion three months later.

Show was in the semi main in his first Mania and main evented his second Mania.

As you can see, all those guys were pushed hard right from the get go, while Punk was held down until his contract was up.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Why must you try to shove Roman down my throat? I don't give a shit about his work rates Lashley had the looks and the intimidating factor Reigns is missing Lashley was like a black Goldberg and actually looked a legit ass kicker.
Too muscular, like Ryback. Lose tough guy credibility when you're that puffed up.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
CM Punk has revealed in the Colt Cabana podcast that Vince doesn't really give a shit about anyone but his pet guy. For years it was Cena, and now it's Roman Reigns. To him, everyone else is not important and he will step on them and bury them only to elevate his chosen one.
How do you explain the great booking given to part timers? And how come Vince allowed Kevin friggin Federline to go over John Cena without Cena getting his win back?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
1) Huge push? The guy was the hottest thing in 2011 and they tried to ruin his momentum at every turn. Even when they finally gave him the title, they completely relegated him to midcard and John Cena was still "the guy". In his 434 days as WWE Champion, he defended the title at 9 PPVs and headlined THREE of them. Two were against John Cena, and the third one was because John Cena was injured. This was the highest-level champion in all of professional wrestling and he was in the midcard while John Cena feuded with fucking John Laurinaitis and Big Show in the main event. At the end, instead of going 500 days and dropping the title in the main event at WrestleMania, he had to drop it at Royal Rumble so that Vince could have his Twice in a Lifetime flop and put the title back on John Cena.

2) CM Punk has never headlined a WrestleMania. Big Show headlined WrestleMania 16.

How do you explain the great booking given to part timers? And how come Vince allowed Kevin friggin Federline to go over John Cena without Cena getting his win back?
Part-timers are part-timers. They bring in the most money, so of course Vince will take care of them. I was talking about the full-time roster. Vince doesn't care about anyone, he will bury everyone just so his handpicked guys can go over. I think he is just a very bitter and spiteful man. Look at Zack Ryder: he got over on his own and he was completely buried because, I suppose, Vince wouldn't allow anyone to get over if he wasn't behind it. How dare he get over without my consent, Dammit!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts