Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hiroshi Tanahashi CMLL Update: Tanahashi is currently in Mexico at this time competing in CMLL and what makes things interesting this time around is that Tanahashi is rocking a new look of sorts and a new nickname. Tanahashi as you can see from the collage I quickly put together is now sporting a half painted face as well as some calling him "Great Tana" as well as "Ultimate Tana". Hiroshi Tanahashi, Felino & Negro Casas lost to Blue Panther, La Máscara & Rush on Sept. 2nd, but Hiroshi Tanahashi teamed with Mr. Niebla & Texano defeated the team of Hijo del Fantasma, La Sombra & Máximo on the Sept. 4th show.

when i saw the Yoshi thread about his new look, it reminded me of this bit of info from last week.. Is WWE copying Tana? What do you think of the new names they are using for him and the new look?

The top half after the picture is creditied to Puroresu Spirit

·
Banned
313 Posts
Considering NJPW crowds are starting to boo him because they're tired of the pretty boy babyface getting shoved down their throats

I don't blame him for reinventing himself

(I call it Cena Syndrome btw)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
He looks good, however NJPW better not even entertain the thought of turning Tanahashi heel, then again it would be good for the lols. Glad to see him reinventing himself. They did it with Goto, now they're doing it with Tanahashi.

·
Registered
22,748 Posts
It looks like Tanahashi likes Kamen Rider

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think they will ever turn Tana heel.. he is a media icon in japan.. Tv shows, commercials, all kinds of adverts for random shit.. i saw a tana toothbrush when i was there on vacation a year ago.. At-least its something new for his character can't wait to see him go back to NJPW and blow the roof of again..

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
He just look a tad gayer in my opinon.

I never got Tana hate though. I know he's the prettyboy face of the company and there are better people than him on the roster, but at the end of the day he is a good wrestler and an icon in Japan. It's not like they are shoving Hogan down our throats.

·
Ramble On
11,084 Posts
He looks like even more of a nonce now. That video is hilarious. I don't HATE Tana, he just annoys me a bit, I can never get into his matches apart from the Goto one this year.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
The best part about possible full blown heel Tana would be that he would rock the shit out of it. I mean the Tana/Yano match was totally improvised heel shtick when the fans got on his back and it was awesome. Nakamura is over as fuck as well so if they wanted to turn Tana full heel for a while they could easily just do a double turn with him and Nakamura so it's not like turning him would be shooting themselves in the foot.

·
Banned
313 Posts
I don't think they will ever turn Tana heel.. he is a media icon in japan.. Tv shows, commercials, all kinds of adverts for random shit.. i saw a tana toothbrush when i was there on vacation a year ago.. At-least its something new for his character can't wait to see him go back to NJPW and blow the roof of again..
Cena syndrome!!!!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Nakamura is over as fuck as well so if they wanted to turn Tana full heel for a while they could easily just do a double turn with him and Nakamura so it's not like turning him would be shooting themselves in the foot.
That's what I thought throughout the Climax, Nakamura has not done anything heel in the tournament, and the Yano's match is a clue that Tanahashi is not supported by everyone anymore.

That would be great, Tanahashi, new leader of CHAOS.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Looks stupid. Just a little bit of facepaint isn't going to do a thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts