Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Hiroshi Tanahashi suffered a torn biceps injury on the 5/14 show in Philadelphia. That should require surgery and put him out of action for months, but with the mentality the top stars in Japan have about being there for their company, he may not do the surgery and just rehab it. If he does that, it’ll lead to a permanent deformity in the biceps muscle which is tough on a bodybuilder type guy. But surgery would put him out of action six to eight months, and mess up company major plans because you know Tanahashi was figured strongly into G-1 and the build for next year’s Tokyo Dome show. Most likely he was scheduled to win the IC title at the Dominion show, and thus this would change all the long-term plans for that title which was likely to headline one of the two Long Beach shows and several of the PPV shows later in the year. Right now the plan is for him to be out this tour, but he may still return for Dominion and Long Beach rather than get surgery. Tanahashi had suffered a partial biceps tear in early 2016 when he had his shoulder injury and missed some time, notably missing his scheduled ladder match with Kenny Omega that opened the door for Michael Elgin to step in. Tama Tonga worked the last tour after a partial tear. A full tear would either require surgery, keeping him out for six to eight months, or rehab, which would have him out a shorter period of time, but would leave him with a big space in his arm.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
913 Posts
ugh. Perhaps the first time I've read a thread title and had an audible reaction ("No!"). FUCK

·
Every fairytale needs a good ol fashioned Villain
1,448 Posts
This isnt good. Two years in a row now. Anyone have any idea when/where the injury happened during the show? I know it was the taping but you would think if he had taken a bump that could have caused damanged we would have heard about it right after it happened.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I know that Naito is doing Naito things, but while I was watching him trying to destroy IC belt I couldn't help, but think that maybe Tana is out for few months and Naito is legitimately pissed that he won't be able to move towards main belt just yet. But then, I probably got worked.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Hope he,s back in time the dominion show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts