Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1761 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread.

You already know.

I just want to make one guideline for this thread because WF members are viewing the thread on multiple platforms with various page load times:

If you are going to have more than (2) embedded videos in a single post I ask that you please put the other videos in spoiler tags.

Thank you. Let's have some fun!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Happy Birthday Jay-Z! As far as my favorite Jay records, I have to go with these:

Both songs still hold up really well and it was awesome seeing how crazy the crowd went he performed them on his 4:44 Tour. I went to his second Toronto show on the tour and it was incredible.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
New Juicy J with Cardi B.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also no label will ever be better than Death Row....the quality of music on every album was A+.

They rode like family and were real g's, unlike todays twitter rappers.
Death Row did ride high in the 90s. Seemingly higher than everybody. They had so many wins they appeared unstoppable.

Not disagreeing but I have to mention & drop some names for Def Jam. That label was also a monster and has the longevity factor. They produced several hip hop icons too. We are talking

LL Cool J
Public Enemy
EPMD
Beastie Boys
Slick Rick
Method Man
Redman
DMX
Onyx
Warren G
JAY-Z

Today Def Jam has Kanye West, Nas, Common, Big Sean, Jadakiss, Big K.R.I.T., among others.

Taking into account the history, the records, and how they are thriving today...now that's a fuckin roster!

But thinking about the albums Death Row Records released from Pac to Dre to Snoop to Dogg Pound, you lookin at some classics. It's a good discussion to have.

·
wrestleMANia
3,769 Posts
Death Row did ride high in the 90s. Seemingly higher than everybody. They had so many wins they appeared unstoppable.

Not disagreeing but I have to mention & drop some names for Def Jam. That label was also a monster and has the longevity factor. They produced several hip hop icons too. We are talking

LL Cool J
Public Enemy
EPMD
Beastie Boys
Slick Rick
Method Man
Redman
DMX
Onyx
Warren G
JAY-Z

Today Def Jam has Kanye West, Nas, Common, Big Sean, Jadakiss, Big K.R.I.T., among others.

Taking into account the history, the records, and how they are thriving today...now that's a fuckin roster!

But thinking about the albums Death Row Records released from Pac to Dre to Snoop to Dogg Pound, you lookin at some classics. It's a good discussion to have.
Oh yea no doubt Def Jam was stacked.

Bad Boy as well with Puff, Biggie, Faith, Junior Mafia (Lil Kim), 112 and Craig Mack.

Ruthless was also pretty stacked with NWA, Bone Thugs and Above The Law.

I don't know in my opinion Death Row Records had the greatest run out of any record label in Hip Hop history...I guess they just felt more like a label cause they all rode together and worked on every project together while Def Jam was more just a bunch of artists signed.

When you look at it...

The Chronic - 3x Platinum
Doggystyle - 4x Platinum
Dogg Food - 2x Platinum
All Eyez On Me - 10x Platinum
7 Day Theory - 4x Platinum
Tha Doggfather - 2x Platinum

1 - 20 of 1761 Posts