Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rory McAllister, who appeared for WWE from 2006 to 2008 as a member of The Highlanders, was asked via Twitter about WWE 'criminally' disregarding Drew McIntyre. He responded, "Drew has all the tools to be a player but has to grow a set and not be "happy to have a job." He's better than that!"

The WWE Superstar who Vince McMahon predicted would be a 'future World Champion' has languished since being drafted to the Raw brand in April 2011. He was largely confined to dark matches, WWE Superstars and putting over talent on the brand show before transferring back to SmackDown late in the year, where the trend continued.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...eds_To_Grow_A_Set_Famous_Dads_Celebrated.html

I'm still puzzled why he points out the obvious.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Didn't Drew's girlfriend beat him up or some shit? I'm not surprised a bitch like that can't get past jobber status. Worked or not you have to have some level of aggression to get far and this guy seems about as aggressive as Pee Wee.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,732 Posts
Drew McIntyre deserves a world title more, than anyone else on the roster (except for Dolph Ziggler).

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
What I want to know is if Drew really "grew a set", would it make any difference?

What can he do? Storm into Vince's office and tell him "Get the US Title belt off of that fucking joke Santino and give it to me!"??

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
How many guys successfully force their ways up the card without possessing any leverage? Why is "growing a set" and forcing the issue consistently the advice offered by people who never actually went anywhere?

Seriously, what's Drew going to do? Is kicking Vince's door down and demanding a push really an option? Is he supposed to threaten to quit? Start a random fight with someone backstage? Cut Vince's brake lines? Sleep with Stephanie?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
What I want to know is if Drew really "grew a set", would it make any difference?

What can he do? Storm into Vince's office and tell him "Get the US Title belt off of that fucking joke Santino and give it to me!"??
Eh, I don't know. There's GOT TO be a reason that Drew hasn't been doing shit for forever now. Management seemed to be high on him and he's definitely got the talent, so maybe he is being a bit complacent. From what other guys have said over the years, talking to Vince isn't as hard it may appear to be.

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
the current talent needs to politic more.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Maybe they told him "Once you're 28 years old your career will start".
Maybe they are just testing his loyalty?

Also, "a pair" or not, I don't see how being forceful can work.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Being forceful is how you get fired.

And isn't this coming from the guy that got fired for being on TNA TV in the crowd? :lmao

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I wasn't. He is a pussy for getting beat up by his woman. He couldn't restrain her or get the fuck out of there?
With this I have to agree.
He doesn't have to beat her or even hit her, he is a fucking large and strong guy, who hard was it to grab her or something?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I don't think it's that Drew has to be "forceful" in getting a push. I think it has more to do with going out there and making a name for himself. Look what happened with The Miz, he started to really push himself, got his promo skills better, his wrestling better, he worked hard to get the WWE Championship. Now, he doesn't seem like he cares anymore.

Just like how the guy says, he has to do more than just be "happy he has a job." Before the wrestlers would strive to be the very best they can be, now it seems like some wrestlers are just happy to be with the WWE. A wrestler isn't going to be pushed unless they earn it.

·
Banned
990 Posts
With this I have to agree.
He doesn't have to beat her or even hit her, he is a fucking large and strong guy, who hard was it to grab her or something?
Have you ever tried to touch a rabid crazy girlfriend?

They love to get you charged with assault for that shit.

The only option is to keep your hands to yourself and defend yourself. Anything more could get you slapped with domestic abuse.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
^^
I wouldn't know, thankfully.

I'm pretty sure he didn't get his ass beat (I hope so, lol), so he must have just let her hit him or something in fear of her not accusing him of abuse.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Tiffany beat up Drew? That would have given him a perfect excuse for him to get his rape on right there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts