Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say go with a high caliber superstar face GM that makes popular decisions and puts more heat on the popular heels would be a better choice right now. The current heel roster is pretty good and I believe a face as head of the company could really help generate heat better than a heel GM trying to help them in every way. Could also help put over the faces. Just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Edge would be perfect for this, plus in the future he could turn heel with Christian, favoring his old tag team partner and best friend all the time

·
Registered
159 Posts
please god not teddy. every match would be a tag match playa. id like to see (though it would be highly unlikely since there probably gonna put johnny ace back in charge) STONE COLD!!!!!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figure Johnny's reign isn't over just yet. However I would love to see a face GM that isn't coming out 2 or 3 times per show trying to get over the heels. A good heel can get over just by feuding with the faces.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
It seemed like they added this stipulation to the match last second, so who knows what they have planned. Knowing WWE over the past couple years, they plan everything on the fly. They are probably "fine tuning" the script as we speak.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Foley on Raw, and Paul Heyman on SD. We need a new Smackdown Six!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
what should happen:
Johnny comes out at the start of the show making excuses, ass kissing and guilt tripping everyone he calls out cena to apologise then there is silence........... then he is about to speak again then the glass shatters stone cold stuns comes in on his quad , drinks some beer teddy joins in also gets a stunner and stone cold says i ain't no tag team player bitch.

but that won't happen it will be something shit and cena related as always as much as i don't mind the guy he is stuffed in our faces

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Heel GM's work the best, and I would agree with the others saying a GM thats not so heavily involved in the storylines would be good. because its been done to death and it truly is a "crutch" for creative.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
There's no such thing as a high calibre face GM, all GM's are generic because there's only 2 ways you can go.
1) Book matches the fair way with lots of #1 contender matches
or
2) Continually book matches that favour the heels.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
I don't think any of the current writers know how to storyline without a heel gm/authority figure. And the wwe wonders why they can't create new top guys when the biggest heel is always the heel GM which effectively neuters all wrestling heels as secondary heels dependent on the heel gm. Arguably the three biggest heels created in the recent past are Laurinaitis, Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole. Ace and Vickie were heel GM's and Cole was the voice "Can I have your attention please" of the mystery gm.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
The problem with a face GM is that GMs in general should not be there to get themselves over, they should serve to make any wrestler more over, or else there's no point to them. I want another Eric Bischoff, usually heelish but with face tendencies when the moment is right. Also someone as interesting as The Bish wouldn't be too bad either.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
A Jack Tunney. Largely off-screen.
Exactly what I'd like. I actually thought Handsome Johnny did an alright and played his role the best he could, but the whole idea of the evil boss character is a very well worn one, and we're all sick and tired of it by this stage.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Edge would be perfect for this, plus in the future he could turn heel with Christian, favoring his old tag team partner and best friend all the time
This. Exactly.

Especially with Christian's current face push, Edge is the perfect pick. I'm not sure about Christian turning heel again since the crowd won't likely buy it, but a heel Edge against a face Christian would work.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts