Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I'm not 100% certain when Hideo comes back, I kinda feel the best feud for him would probably be him vs Balor. I kinda feel the most obvious answer on the person who took out Hideo was Owens, and that would have been a pretty decent feud with Owens being able to do a lot of the mic work, but now that's pretty much been dispelled, and with Owens success on the roster it seems as though he's pretty much done with NXT.

So for right now I feel like the two best options to be revealed as Hideo's attacker are Balor, and Corbin.

Though Balor is pretty over as a face, so him turning heel would be a long shot, I think him being revealed as Hideo's attacker so he could have the no 1. contender shot by himself, would make a lot of sense.

I would have Hideo come back and start attacking Balor for a few shows, and somehow reveal Balor was the one who attacked him.

Eventually I would have Hideo take the title off him. The matches would be good... Not so sure on the promos?

Thoughts?

· Registered
51 Posts
Yeh, it should be Balor. Heel Balor because they seriously need to do something with him. I would like to see Hideo turn heel too because he can actually be super cool. I don't really even care anymore because it seems like forever ago.

· Registered
1,657 Posts
Balor makes the most sense, but it depends on whether they want him heel in NXT or wait until he's had a good run on the main roster before they turn him.

Turning Balor heel could hurt him more than help at the moment.

It could always end up being Corbin or Samoa Joe. He debuted that same night so it could work out in some way..

· Premium Member
6,855 Posts
From the moment it "happened" I think they low-key planned it to be Balor. The story writes itself. Balor came in and took Hideo's opportunity and won the championship, in Hideo's place. If you remember Hideo kayfabe brought Balor in to NXT to help him defeat The Ascension, in the first place.

The whole thing is the classic "you stole my spot" storyline.

Doesn't matter if Balor goes full heel or not, in the NXT Universe the crowd picks the face and the heel.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
It has to be Finn Balor? Stop with wanting to turn every "face" that is over heel. Balor isn't the greatest on the mic and a heel turn wouldn't do him any favors. Need I remind you the story that won't be told with Hideo and Balor feuding. Just because they were a tag team doesn't mean it makes the most sense for Balor to have been the guy. Hideo needs a better heel to put him over for this story. Baron Corbin, Samoa Joe, and even a possible debut of Dylan Mile. Hell, I would even go with turning Asuka heel and having her feud over Balor at this point. All these folks pointing to Balor are just as lazy creatively as the people writing Raw and Smackdown.

· Registered
15,017 Posts
Should have been Balor with a dramatic heel turn - but more likely it will be Samoa Joe now. Joe doesn't have a program lined-up while Balor is set for Corbin and then likely Zayn. Don't forget Joe's debut was the same show that Itami was taken out on.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
It was @Chris JeriG.O.A.T who is sick of non-PC talents hogging the spotlight in NXT.

· Banned
8,573 Posts
Kevin Owens made sense at the time but he's moved on now so he can't exactly come back. Finn doing it would make sense they were tag partners at the time and Finn probably felt he was being outshoned by Itami so what better way than to take him out and have the spotlight

· Banned
6,751 Posts
PEOPLE, FINN BALOR IS THE NXT CHAMPION!

Turning him heel simply makes zero sense. Itami needs this person to be someone who is currently heel. How many face talents do they have that are actually over in NXT? It's slim, you can't turn everyone heel.

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
Balor. It makes the most sense to me. He needs to reinvent himself a little bit and a heel run would be a good way to go, he should drop the belt to someone like Corbin beforehand. Balor vs Itami would make for a great match.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
I want it to be shown that it is someone we have not seen yet in NXT being used by someone on the roster. What should be is that Dylan Mile attacks Itami back stage. Mile comes out to tell Itami in his return that he is the man who attacked him, but only out of respect. He explains to Itami that there is a greater force at hand. Mile says that he does not know his own strength and never meant to actually harm Itami for the long term. Mile says the person who sent him will make themselves known to you.

This person has to be Asuka. She should be madly in love with Itami, but in a violent way. She says to Itami that in order for him to coexist with her, he will have to honor her in the ring to a match. Hideo obviously would be a gentlemen and deny her that right, but eventually this leads to an actual match that I think could end up being one of the all time greatest matches in wrestling period. The amount of emotion that would go into this match would be amazing and these two are the perfect pair. It's rare to have male vs female and for anyone to really consider the female over the male in the WWE ring. However, in this case I think an actual would certainly have to consider the odds of both Itami and Asuka as credible and balanced vs one another.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.