Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We know that the audience is among the biggest TNA problems (she is totally apathic, over-reacting or stupidly reacting).

Visiting this part of the forum, i found a great video about TNA filmed outside the impact zone :

As you can see the audience is hidden into the dark and the light is focused on the wrestlers and where they move. Such a light system could avoid the TV fans to have to endure the IZ fans. You could also create the illusion that Impact Zone is far bigger than it's tiny real size (not mentioning the architecture).

And you can add many lights like during this TNA show in Wembley, so you don't look like a house show.

I don't say that TNA shouldn't move away from the IZ, but i only say that the future shows can be action-focused and that you can hide a crappy audience using lights. You can also use plants among this hidden crowd to get better and synchonized reactions or chants (or recorded reactions like WWE sometimes).

This simple light system change can greatly improve TNA.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That would look too much like a Houseshow.

·
Banned
485 Posts
They can hide the hole in the roof of the arena in my opinion. All that rain coming down must be sulking the wrestlers. lol...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
There's more problems with the Impact Zone than the lighting, aside from the crappy Xplosion lighting. You have an entire side that's pretty much the production area / seating reserved for TNA staff. They could get rid of the crappy stage and replace it with something more realistic like the PPV stages, and what about the six sided lighting truss used for the pointless above-ring clappy pyro to begin the show?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That would look too much like a Houseshow.
This is what I was thinking.

But in that picture OP's got from the Wembley show, it does look like it could pass for a high budget WWE television taping. I don't think it's a good idea for them to have spot lights scanning the crowd for entire matches though.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I hate it.

It doesn't look that bad in the clip, but on tv it's gonna look terrible.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i selected a few TNA Live shows :

If you look at the wrestling parts, they look better than IZ shootings even if they haven't special camera moves or zooms and some are filmed by amateurs with static and shaky cameras. It looks more epic than IZ shows.

I like this one

TNA Samoe Joe vs. The Pope D'Angelo Dinero

TNA Wrestling Live Bournemouth 2010

Footage From TNA's New Orleans Live Event

TNA Wrestling Live @ Oakdale Theater, Wallingford, CT 01.06.2011

Even here and damn it's a cheap installation

In my opinion it's because you don't see and hear the fans while the lights are focused on the wrestlers. IZ shows are too bright, have too many diversions and have too many camera changes. But i can be wrong.

PS : there another far better video in Impact on the road thread, but i can't find it yet.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I dont know if you guys remember, but wwecw had a dark look for awhile. It was like the audience wasnt there and they had the light on only the ring. Id love that look for tna.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think they should do a tour around America and the states, and if it is successful, do another very soon after. Like not just houseshows but an iMPACT tour. They can cancel them if they dont get sold well. This way they can see if they have a big enough fan base to get proper areans, perhaps not like any stadiums or anything but large areans that means there are more than the tiny amount of fans like in the IZ. I usually watch TNA and then WWE straight after, and the beginning shots are soooooo much different

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
I like it when companies have the lights out on the fans. ROH has done it before, WWECW did it in it's early days, it happens in boxing.

I think it takes your focus away from the action when you can see the crowd. Personally, I don't want to see a load of ******** marking out at the completely wrong moments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts