Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the point to them?
Forcing people to reply so the topic starter gets more points? This is a very confusing idea really, you already have to register to view the forums, now we have to reply to the posts to view the links? Imagine how pissed off the lurkers will be when the women's forum starts using this. I know it's only a few clicks and type a few words. But seriously, people are lazy, expecting people to do that is arrogant. I find it annoying to reply, I will reply sometimes if I find it interesting.

Or is it to make the forum "look" bigger with having more posts? If that's the case, then it's just lame. Aren't we already the largest wrestling forums on the Internet? so why do this?

Or if it was made for the hell of it then ignore this post.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
People use yousendit, their own web space, etc for uploading videos (main thing used). Their bandwidth is killed faster if anyone can simply view and click. Now people have to reply and some people aren't willing to reply, so they don't get the video.

Better for bandwidth.

P.S. stfu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,321 Posts
It's something the smaller forums used to get people to post and reply to their threads.

It does seem pointless on a huge forum like this. It sure forces me to spam when I don't want to.

I find myself saying 'thanks' to people making these threads, when the link doesn't even work. I just don't get it either MJW.

edit:

I understand that concept Nitemare. The annoying thing is, once I've posted the YouSendIt links are down anyway. Maybe we need to find a new upload joint.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Do you even read the threads? I don't mean every post, but at least the last page or so? Chances are someone has asked for a reupload if the link is down.

As for YouSendIt, chances are no. People are afraid of 35MB which seems steady, so I dunno...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
35MB reuiqres the plugin, and it has those spyware pop ups, although the smart people with Norton wouldn't get it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,483 Posts
this is why you get Limewire and WinMX..you don't have to bother with shitty 35mb or YouSendIt..Personally The Hidden Links don't bother me..Cause I know that some will have major problems with the link..Cause of how Bad 35mb and YouSendIt are..Just get limewire.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,478 Posts
MaryJoeWanna said:
What's the point to them?
Forcing people to reply so the topic starter gets more points? This is a very confusing idea really, you already have to register to view the forums, now we have to reply to the posts to view the links? Imagine how pissed off the lurkers will be when the women's forum starts using this. I know it's only a few clicks and type a few words. But seriously, people are lazy, expecting people to do that is arrogant. I find it annoying to reply, I will reply sometimes if I find it interesting.

Or is it to make the forum "look" bigger with having more posts? If that's the case, then it's just lame. Aren't we already the largest wrestling forums on the Internet? so why do this?

Or if it was made for the hell of it then ignore this post.
Yeah, the lurkers have to actually post to view a post. I've been pondering the idea of using it for all my pics in the celebrities forum. :D
 

·
L'Avvocato Del Diavolo
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Hiden links encourages spamming, but stops lurkers. I think I'd prefer spamming than lurkers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
Romeking said:
Yeah, the lurkers have to actually post to view a post. I've been pondering the idea of using it for all my pics in the celebrities forum. :D


If you used them for your pics in the Celeb forums I'd just edit your posts and remove them. That would be stupid.


As for the HIDE tags I still havn't figured out how to use them, I tried using them last night and couldn't get them to work.
 

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
Joined
·
15,672 Posts
But you don't know lurkers are there, that's the point of them. :)

Apart from in the Media Forum. I understand that the tags are a good idea there, but is it really necessary anywhere else, like WOW? After all, it's been regularly and consistently stated that the women forums are about views, not replies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
I've only used the HIDE tags in my WOW posts three times and those were KP vids from You Send It so they didn't last long. As for picture posts that would just not work, then threads would never die.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,478 Posts
Flash said:
But you don't know lurkers are there, that's the point of them. :)

Apart from in the Media Forum. I understand that the tags are a good idea there, but is it really necessary anywhere else, like WOW? After all, it's been regularly and consistently stated that the women forums are about views, not replies.
That's true, but I dig the comments and ratings in my women posts. I could care less about the views. :agree: You know; now that I think about it, mofo lurkers would type meaningless crap just to view my posts, and I don't think I'd be to happy with that. :angry: So, your right Cap'n. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,885 Posts
I think the HIDE tags don't work with the WYSIGWY thingy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,477 Posts
I found it iffy when I first saw this. Figured some stupid asshair was tryin to be funny like with them "If you send this to 5 people, a magic box will pop out of your hard drive, revealing a motorized hand that'll jerk you off....LONG TIME!"

But then I found out it wasn't, and was pleasantly surprised.

The way I look at it....do you really wanna converse with folks who're yankin it to your post anyway? "Spanks for the memories....TEN OUTTA TEN BABY!" Spam or not...I'd rather stick to lurkers, cuz ya can always see how many hits you've gotten anyway. (As was already stated)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,015 Posts
I've seen a few people using them on the womens forums. But hey, who notices out of 500 replies if you just click Quick Reply?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,164 Posts
For those who don't agree with hide tags, fuck you.

I upload media. I post media. I don't deserve even a simple thanks? If you can't thank me, why should I post it and waste the bandwidth on lurkers? It's encouraging to know people even downloaded it. It keeps the forum activity alive, too.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top