Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after NOC comes hiac and you know what wwe has just 2 weeks before it they have wasted one raw without furthering any storyline other than hhh and the conspiracy they announced the mainevent for wwe title between adr cena and punk and with no hype created for the title match you have punk and cena together for a tag team match later?I mean really?two guys who are going to face each other shud show animosity not great buddies like behaviour they did something intresting firing miz truth . but the firing that doesn't hav anything to do with mainevent right now and even they do they can't expose it in just one raw and with this super show concept.
do you think the wwe give more value to starpower than storyline [even in things away from cena]

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Well, that's why they announced the two big matches right away last night. ADR/Punk/Cena all have history with each other so the story is there for them to fight at HIAC. Same with Henry/Orton. Problem is, HIAC is two weeks away and doesn't give a lot of other feuds enough time to develop into being a meaningful match. I hope we don't see Ziggler/Swagger at this PPV and you save it off for Vengenece and/or Survivor Series.

That, and the fact that HIAC is so bastardized now (the match, not the PPV). When HHH and JR mentioned those matches taking place inside HIAC, the crowd couldn't have cared less and it hurts to hear that because I remember when HIAC would be announced back then for a big time emotional match, my hairs wound stand up from the back of my neck and I would almost order the PPV just to see the HIAC match. Good times.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hear you man.

HIAC matches were always the big highlight.

You knew going in that you were going to see an awesome match.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Two weeks of build up for a Pay-Per-View is laughable. You seriously need more time to gather the interest and obtain good buyrates. And plus you can't expect the fans to pay for these events so close together.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its good to have to further angles. I agree almost 100 bucks in less than 3 weeks is way to much. If they keep this PPVs make them for $25.00 or something..

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
Hell in a Cell as a PPV needs to go.
I don't like the 'PPV' hell in a cell; but the cell matches there I do. So if they threw in a couple more hell in a cell matches everyone now and then, then a new PPV, I'd be happy. But you're right, plus it's like they're only capitalizing off of the Undertaker and Kane history.

To OP, yes it is rushed, not really a mess yet; next week they could still pull it together. A lot of shit is about to go down, then we'll just sit around twittling our thumbs till the next PPV (which I can't recall right now.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good point point Gebu. Maybe next week they will kick it in hard and push for more interest in buyers. They simply need to drop some prices of the less popular PPVs.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Anywhere between $45.00 to $60.00. Depending on PPV, Service provider, and for HD channels.

Wow i just used the currency convertor and $45 is british £28 and $60 is british £35 taht's crazy considering in the uk we only pay £15 plus after paying for one the next is free.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
Well, that's why they announced the two big matches right away last night. ADR/Punk/Cena all have history with each other so the story is there for them to fight at HIAC. Same with Henry/Orton. Problem is, HIAC is two weeks away and doesn't give a lot of other feuds enough time to develop into being a meaningful match. I hope we don't see Ziggler/Swagger at this PPV and you save it off for Vengenece and/or Survivor Series.

That, and the fact that HIAC is so bastardized now (the match, not the PPV). When HHH and JR mentioned those matches taking place inside HIAC, the crowd couldn't have cared less and it hurts to hear that because I remember when HIAC would be announced back then for a big time emotional match, my hairs wound stand up from the back of my neck and I would almost order the PPV just to see the HIAC match. Good times.
Yeah now the the HIAC matches are routine (happening every year at the same time each year), they've taken some of the emotion out of it, at least this year they are experimenting with actripke threat concept for one them. I'm sure if it leads to more buys they'll make one of the two HIACs at the PPV each year a non one on one match, with the other continuing the one on one HIAC tradition.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts

Amen man... It's such a shame.

Look I understand they can't have someone flying off the top of the Cell every single time the match happens, but it's just simply become a no DQ match that happens to have a big cage around the ring. What the hell is the point of it now?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hell in a Cell PPV should be scrapped.

The match itself should be used as a feud ender not a random matchup. If anything HIAC should be an option at the Extreme Rules PPV after Mania. Mania feuds are the biggest of the year and they usually end at ER, and what better way to end your biggest feuds than in an Extreme Rules PPV with a Hell in a Cell matchup utilising your biggest talents???

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Let's look on the bright side. Cena is the new champion and you never know he might lose but would he lose back to Del Rio or lose to Punk which is the most unlikely. So you have the element of surprise. Then don't be surprised if this turns into a war. I think this could be the best Hell in a Cell match at least since Edge/Undertaker a few years ago and if they just let Punk and Cena go back and forth and Del Rio really brings the pain to the match like I know he's capable of doing this could turn into a classic. I'm just looking up on things don't give up your hopes on this ppv yet. If Henry/Orton is very good and this triple threat turns out to be one of the top 5 cell matches of all time this ppv could turn out to be a success at least in the eyes of the wrestling fans.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
:lmao what a fail WWE is at times. Its a huge mess and sadly they wont fix it because of their arrogance.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
Hell in a Cell PPV should be scrapped.

The match itself should be used as a feud ender not a random matchup. If anything HIAC should be an option at the Extreme Rules PPV after Mania. Mania feuds are the biggest of the year and they usually end at ER, and what better way to end your biggest feuds than in an Extreme Rules PPV with a Hell in a Cell matchup utilising your biggest talents???

I totally agree. It's just ridiculous to build an entire ppv around a match like HIAC. It's a match that needs alot of buildup and right now there isn't much. Match ppv's like MITB and Elimination Chamber dont need buildup'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts