Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Raw "Supershow" being in full flow you would think with the amount of SmackDown superstars appearing on RAW, that the rest of RAW would be full of top talent?

Think again.

There are so many people sitting at the sidelines never getting a chance to appear on TV, and never even get a mention, however whoever makes the decisions at the WWE has decided to go against this train of thought and pick a bizarre set of matches.

Vickie Guerrero?
Riccardo Rodriguez?
Jerry Lawler?
Bret Hart?

Taking up 4 separate segments. Why were these 4 in matches? Vickie Guerrero and Riccardo Rodriguez spent their time running away from their opponents. Lawler did fuck all. Bret Hart was only there to do the sharpshooter.

I watched RAW in complete astonishment at how terrible this choice of booking was.
Why can't new people be pushed and given a chance?

The thing that I find hilarious is the last section with Punk and HHH, where HHH said that all you need to do is win the fans over.

Okay, how is anyone meant to win over fans when they are not given a single chance to appear on TV?

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Because casuals don't want no names like Jimmy Wang Yang and Trent Barretta on their show. They want the biggest names they can get.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
The booking wasn't all that predictable, I thought Teddy Long was gonna come out and make that tag match at the beginning.. He must have been late for work!

But on a serious note, yeah that RAW was terrible, only good part was Cody Rhodes and Miz's win. (cuz i get a bunch of points :D) and the ending promo with HHH and CM Punk.

Why did Miz win clean? Why don't heel's win by some sort of cheating way anymore? That shit bugs me.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because casuals don't want no names like Jimmy Wang Yang and Trent Barretta on their show. They want the biggest names they can get.
Jerry Lawler
Bret Hart

Has-beens.

Vickie Guerrero.
Riccardo Rodriguez.

Announcer/Manager roles, not wrestling like a pussy.

·
"This is real..."
1,200 Posts
The thing that I find hilarious is the last section with Punk and HHH, where HHH said that all you need to do is win the fans over.

Okay, how is anyone meant to win over fans when they are not given a single chance to appear on TV?
You've discovered the obvious loophole that Punk haters seem to ignore.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Jerry Lawler
Bret Hart

Has-beens.

Vickie Guerrero.
Riccardo Rodriguez.

Announcer/Manager roles, not wrestling like a pussy.
To the casual viewer, they will eat what WWE feeds them and if they put over Lawler and Hart as legends, people will respect and will be happy to have them on their screens.

As for Vickie, she's on of the most over heels in WWE. It makes sense to have her on TV.

Ricardo? He's the sidekick of the WWE champ. Of course he's going to get TV.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Have new young guys work is what Superstars is for.Get over with the tens of people who watch that show then get some time jobbing in the mid-card for a few moths. Use Tiwter and Facebook to build a fan base that wants to see you move up the card. Then get more time to build a persona as you move up the card.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
I think you are ignorant of the ratings machine that is Ricardo Rodriguez.

With ratings going down and Monday Night football starting, the WWE has to get as many stars to draw in fans as they can. Hey, I'd much rather prefer to see some of the undercard guys get a chance to shine rather than Vickie taking on Kelly, but people care more about those two than the Superstars regulars.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If that was true then WWF would've lost the Monday Night War. It isn't so they didn't. Fans, whether dedicated or casual, want to be entertained. Last night's show, like so many before it, wasn't particularly entertaining.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You people bitch way too much. Maybe you should stop watching the WWE for a while. I love whats going on right now and dont see anything that needs to be changed. I dont care if some yayhoo I "discovered" on the internet gets tv time. I like watching established guys, if these guys you complain about were worth being on tv, they would be! Obviously what the WWE is doing is making money or your opinions would lead to something. If you dont enjoy the shows then dont watch them. Why would you watch something that isnt entertaining? Did anyone ever think maybe its not the WWE holding guys back, maybe its the fact that there is no new talent? If there was someone worthy enough of being on tv, they would be on tv.

·
Banned
609 Posts
You people bitch way too much. Maybe you should stop watching the WWE for a while. I love whats going on right now and dont see anything that needs to be changed. I dont care if some yayhoo I "discovered" on the internet gets tv time. I like watching established guys, if these guys you complain about were worth being on tv, they would be! Obviously what the WWE is doing is making money or your opinions would lead to something. If you dont enjoy the shows then dont watch them. Why would you watch something that isnt entertaining? Did anyone ever think maybe its not the WWE holding guys back, maybe its the fact that there is no new talent? If there was someone worthy enough of being on tv, they would be on tv.
And why the fuck do you bother to come to this thread?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts