Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Wrestlemania XVII last nite and as I finished watched the buildup to HHH vs Taker match I realized how HHH has never defeated Taker in a singles match(am I wrong?)

If they have no opponent for Taker(dnt put him in a tag matcha gainst Nexus and no kane plz!)

how about HHH vs Taker.. 10 years later now at Wrestlemania XXVII?

The match is going to be huge

The problem is.. Is HHH returning face?
what say?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think it would be a good match...I would like this to happen at next year's mania, with the Deadman rounding out his 20 Wrestlemania scalp streak the following year by defeating John Cena.

If this was a more edgy and aggressive WWE, then I'd also want a UT vs HHH Hell in a Cell match. Out of the entire roster, both these men have competed the most in matches of this type, practically becoming mainstays within the Cell. It would be great to crown a true king of the Devil's Playground.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I wouldn't be against The Undertaker and Triple H at WrestleMania because not only would it see a great match at WrestleMania between the two biggest star's in the company behind John Cena but it would also ensure that neither man was working the main event and have any involvement in the WWE or World title scene. The days of Triple H in the main event and either defending or chasing the title got tired in 2005 and i never want to see him main event another WrestleMania and The Undertaker has main evented or worked the SmackDown title match for three out of the last four WrestleMania's so i would like to see him have a mid card match this time around as he will only just be back in time for WrestleMania if at all which means little build up.

The reality of it though is that if The Undertaker is back in time for WrestleMania which right now is 50/50 unless WWE rush him back and have him compete at much less that 100% just to boost buyrates he will be facing either Kane or Wade Barrett and nothing else would make any sense because he isn't around to help build any other storyline. Although it wouldn't be a popular choice i would go with The Undertaker facing Kane at WrestleMania after costing him the World title at The Royal Rumble and have him play mind games in the build up to WrestleMania and i say this simply because a feud between The Undertaker and Wade Barrett would be too rushed if they went with that and Taker/Kane has to finish properly whether we like it or not.

After defeating Kane at WrestleMania and then again at the next PPV which i believe would be Extreme Rules i would have The Undertaker go away again so that he is fully rested and healed up so that going into SummerSlam he will be ready for a properly thought out feud with Wade Barrett on what is the second biggest PPV of the year. I don't really want to see The Undertaker and Wade Barrett rushed or used for a lesser PPV than one of the big four so with a little gap in between the PPV after WrestleMania and SummerSlam we could see The Undertaker return and play his mind games with Wade Barrett and announce that he had not forgotten about what he and The Nexus did to him and will now get his revenge blah blah blah etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Taker v HHH with special guest referee HBK would be a dream. Taker's injury shouldn't hurt in building the feud, they could book him as returning with a new, darker edge like in the Ministry days. It would basically be a ripoff of how WCW built Crow Sting, but that happened before most of WWE's current demo was born anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I really don't want to see a Triple H vs The Undertaker match, but hey, if it happens I can go to the bathroom during it or something. Probably a couple of times, since it'll likely go on for about half an hour. In any case, I'm expecting Triple H to be wrestling (and probably beating) Sheamus at 'Mania, as the culmniation of their fued after his return (possibly at the Royal Rumble).

Taker, meanwhile? I'd rather see him wrestle Kane again. I mean, that's not something I realy want to see, but I'd rather see it than see him wreslte Trips.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
I really don't want to see a Triple H vs The Undertaker match, but hey, if it happens I can go to the bathroom during it or something. Probably a couple of times, since it'll likely go on for about half an hour. In any case, I'm expecting Triple H to be wrestling (and probably beating) Sheamus at 'Mania, as the culmniation of their fued after his return (possibly at the Royal Rumble).

Taker, meanwhile? I'd rather see him wrestle Kane again. I mean, that's not something I realy want to see, but I'd rather see it than see him wreslte Trips.
Despite not wanting to see it, you can't deny that it would be awesome.

I remember people bitching about HBK/Taker II - Well look how that turned out.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
I was watching Wrestlemania XVII last nite and as I finished watched the buildup to HHH vs Taker match I realized how HHH has never defeated Taker in a singles match(am I wrong?)
Triple H beat Undertaker clean in a singles match on Smackdown.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Triple H/Undertaker at Wrestlemania again. Providing they give it a good story heading into the show. It's not like Taker has any interesting options outside of Cena now. They wasted Jericho last year when they should have saved it for a Wrestlemania showdown at some point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taker v HHH with special guest referee HBK would be a dream. Taker's injury shouldn't hurt in building the feud, they could book him as returning with a new, darker edge like in the Ministry days. It would basically be a ripoff of how WCW built Crow Sting, but that happened before most of WWE's current demo was born anyway.
Yeah man

HBK as the referee would be awesome...

NOW I WANNA WATCH THIS ONE AT MANIA!

$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
That's a terrible waste of both men. There are much better candidates for Undertaker to face, and Triple H should be putting younger guys over, not Undertaker.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts

If they have no opponent for Taker(dnt put him in a tag matcha gainst Nexus and no kane plz!)

how about HHH vs Taker.. 10 years later now at Wrestlemania XXVII?

The match is going to be huge

The problem is.. Is HHH returning face?
what say?
Good match. Yes. I would just want to make sure both men had enough time to heal, esp. the undertaker. Both guys can put up a great match.

As far a trips being face. I feel no matter what he did, he would still be considered a face. Young and old all seem to cheer for him when he comes to the ring just like the undertaker.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Well, Undertaker has only two worthy opponents for WrestleMania (if he is fit): John Cena and Triple H. That's what the Shawn Michaels series did. It raised the bar manifolds. It won't work with him facing other wrestlers, unless he is injured or something.

I've said it million times before; for Hunter, I want Rey Mysterio. That's the last dream match Hunter and Mysterio both have left. I just want to see it when both guys can at least still go.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
No, Undertaker should only face younger wrestlers at WrestleMania, that way his victory won't be 100% probale but 98% :side:

Razor King said:
]I've said it million times before; for Hunter, I want Rey Mysterio. That's the last dream match Hunter and Mysterio both have left. I just want to see it when both guys can at least still go.
Never thought about that before. Back in 2004/2005 Evolution Triple H vs. Face Eddie Guerrero was a match I wanted to see but sadly it will never happen for obvious reasons. I'm not a big fan of HHH vs. Rey but at least it would be something new. By the way, remember that HBK vs. Mysterio match at Raw Tribute to Eddie? It was a good one.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Despite not wanting to see it, you can't deny that it would be awesome.

I remember people bitching about HBK/Taker II - Well look how that turned out.
I can deny that it is not awesome because it is not awesome. :confused:

This match would serve no purpose at all compared to HBK/Taker. It will not have the better storyline. It will not help anyone. It will damn sure not be a better match than HBK/Taker. Both of them have much better feuds to return and complete. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
603 Posts
There's no point we know that Undertaker is going to win. They have to give him someone more legit, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Velasquez, Rua etc.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I don't know about a rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker. There WM 17 match was pretty good and I can't see the WWE redoing that kind of match. Triple H should've jumped into The HBK vs Undertaker rematch at WM 26.

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
It would be a waste IMO. It's already happened twice. We don't need it again. And even if they wanted it I coudn't see HBK coming back for it.

Edit- My great reading skills. but I don't think that will happen either.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't think it is going to happen. HHH will either finish up his feud with Sheamus or go for the title against the Miz (if Barrett is busy with Cena. Otherwise Barrett has the title and HHH will feud with him)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts