Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having watched NOC last night Im getting the impression that Triple H would be given the central focus from now on.

Im guessing that there would be a power struggle between Triple H and John Laurinaitis (w/Nash), with probably Vince or Stephanie working against Triple H as well.

So my question is what happens to Punk now? Many people are suggesting a rematch between the two at HIAC but Triple H seems to have more important issues to deal with here and a rematch in the midst of this would seem weird.

Has the Punk vs the company feud been replaced with the HHH vs his enemies one?

If I remember correctly when HHH became the COO, there were rumours that the purpose of the angle would be to get Triple H over as COO. Is that whats happening or has happened?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
cm punk is still in the middle of this feud
if nash is going to wrestle at hell in cell i can see a triple threat match with Punk winning

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Ace tried to screw HHH, Truth/Miz tried to screw HHH, Truth/Miz stopped Punk from winning the match, Nash attacked HHH, Nash attacked Punk. Everything is connected. Punk is still involved. In what? I don't know but he's still involved.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Rematch at HIAC where no one can interfere. CM Punk should win that one.

Then maybe Del Rio vs Cena vs CM Punk at Vengeance?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Wow, the purpose of an angle involving Triple H was only to get Triple H over. Color me surprised. Did you really think they wanted Punk to be a main man in the company for another 5 or 10 years? They hardly want the guy in the company that way at all and it has been that way for years. It is still all about The Game.

One traumatized writer gave Powerslam writer Matthew Randazzo the following account of one of his earlier meetings with Triple H a few years ago:

“I remember being nervous the first time I delivered the script to the McMahon dressing room where HHH would dress (he would never use the locker rooms with the rest of the boys). When HHH answered I told him the RAW script was ready for his review. On the first occasion, he grabbed the script, flipped through it but did not read it, and asked me point-blank: ‘Am I fucking going over?’ This first time that I delivered the script to him, he did indeed win his match, so I said yes. Then he politely gave the script back to me without reading it and said, ‘That’s all I needed to know,’ and walked back into the McMahon locker room.

A few months later when Gewirtz had another weekend off, I delivered another RAW script to him on a PPV Sunday. And it was the same routine. He nonchalantly flipped through it and said, ‘Am I fucking going over?’ This time, however, he was to lose his match via disqualification. He would keep his title. I said to him, ‘Well, sort of.’ Then Hunter froze. He said, ‘What do you fucking mean, sort of?’ I said, ‘You lose the match via DQ, so you still keep the title.’, ‘What page?’ he growled. After I told Hunter the page number this occurred on, he ripped that page out, threw the rest of the script to the floor in a rage, and slammed the door in my face. Needless to say, the next day during the agents’ meeting, the script had somehow changed and now HHH won his match – cleanly. This was hardly an isolated incident.”

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
CM Punk vs Nash vs HHH at HIAC where Punk goes over and wins. Punk then should win back the wwe title which is rightfully his at Survivor Series. keep it until Royal Rumble, then feud Stone Cold for Wrestlemania :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think Punk is now a side dish to the main course of Vince/Laurantis V.S HHH/stephanie. I believe he made the wrong choice in re-signing as Cena will always be the star and Punk will never been seen as his equal and As I say he is not the main course to this feud either .

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Wow, the purpose of an angle involving Triple H was only to get Triple H over. Color me surprised. Did you really think they wanted Punk to be a main man in the company for another 5 or 10 years? They hardly want the guy in the company that way at all and it has been that way for years. It is still all about The Game.
I love that Powerslam article. So much BS I could smell it off the page.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
well this is the WWE so all logic goes out the window, but logically they'd have a rematch between Trips and Punk considering the finish of the match last night. not really sure how you can say it's Nash/Trips for sure. nobody even knows if Nash is medically cleared to wrestle yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Disagree that Punk is out of this. My best guess is now that it is out in the open that Laurenitis is trying to get HHH fired something will occur to stack the deck against HHH. HHH will need Punk to help him fight back ala when Vince went groveling to Stone Cold and they became allies in the "Higher Power" storyline.

·
KO
5,348 Posts
I love that Powerslam article. So much BS I could smell it off the page.
I get it, you like Hunter. Well, so do I, but I don't point blank make statements about him concerning stuff I have no knowledge of. For some reason, I believe this report. It's too lulzy to not be true.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts