Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the match looked great to me.i watched with out the spoilers.it could have gone anyway(hbk had less chances) and that kick that hbk to hhh in the starting was OMG.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
All I really remember about it is the storyline of DX being in it together and Shawn Michaels gave Triple H a hearty sweet chin music right off the bat, knocking his ass right out of the ring. That moment alone was classic.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was a very good match and one that I'm glad happened. The trouble is, I think the buildup was so poor that people have wanted to forget all about it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
the first five seconds of that match were the best of the PPV. it was a decent match, but the reason it's not really "rated" highly or anything is because it wasn't built very strongly.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It was a very good match, but yea the build up and how predictable it was kind of drags it down for a lot of people.
This and it seemed like both title matches were gimmicks for the teams fueding over the Tag Titles. On RAW you have DX in a triple threat title match with the WWE champion, on SD! you have JeriShow in a triple threat title match with the World Heavyweight Champion.

Basically you knew both world champs were retaining, and the two teams were going to fight eachother for the tag titles.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
I thought the match was pretty solid although I was hoping this would've led to HHH Vs. HBK at Mania for the world title. : /

- Vic

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The start was unexpected, and quite enjoyable. In so many triple threats including a tag team, half the match it's pretty much a handicap match. The start of DX-Cena took away that aspect, allowing for a more natural triple threat.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think people grew tired of the main event scene at that time because it's always the same people in the title picture, i remember when the match was announced on Raw the crowds were completely dead even though it was supposed to be a big match. The match itself was good, and that SCM at the beginning was completely unexpected, great stuff.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
I thought this was a great match, should have happened at Mania though. Arguably the 3 biggest superstars in the company

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
i remember being bored that it was always the same guys in the main event but if i remember people were actually looking forward to this one because Shawn was in it and hadnt been involved in like the usual 3-4 guys for the title.

Good match, poor buildup

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It was an awesome match, probably one of the best Triple Threat matches since WM20. The beginning was PERFECT in every way with HBK superkicking Trips, the match was fantastic throughout with many false finishes. Just a great match, on of my favorite from 2009, pity the build was so terrible.

Reactions: Razor King

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
As others have said, WWE reached the breaking point during the fall of 2009 with the same few guys always in the WWE Championship match. If it wasn't Cena vs. Triple H, it was Cena vs. Orton and if it wasn't Triple H vs. Orton, it was Triple H vs. HBK vs. Cena.

The way they went about it was perhaps questionable, but the elevation of somebody at that time was absolutely, unquestionably necessary. Sheamus was a breath of fresh air to me, even if his first reign was dubiously booked at best.

The build to the Survivor Series triple threat was awful.

The match itself, though, is highly underrated for these reasons. It's actually one of the best PPV main events of the last few years in my honest opinion. Great work by all three men.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts