Wrestling Forum banner

HHH should walk out of WM as champion

1028 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Drago
If HHH/Reigns happens at WM for the title, HHH should either retain the title or win it. And this is because it should be Rollins who takes it off him.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
So you want a guy who hardly every actually wrestles, to win the belt, hold it basically until mid-year when Rollins returns? No thanks.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
The object here is to build a new star and hopefully gain ratings while doing so. Triple H being involved hurts the chances of that happening.

The only thing he should do is put Reigns over, but even then a Triple H vs Roman Reigns WWE title match (I mean, look at that and tell me that's compelling, if you think so, you're a liar) isn't going to break the WM 3 record unless they have one hell of an undercard.

· Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Would be cool to see Rollins take it off him if he returns as a face, but having HHH as champion for that long would be ridiculous I think.

Never know these days though.

· Registered
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The object here is to build a new star and hopefully gain ratings while doing so. Triple H being involved hurts the chances of that happening.

The only thing he should do is put Reigns over, but even then a Triple H vs Roman Reigns WWE title match (I mean, look at that and tell me that's compelling, if you think so, you're a liar) isn't going to break the WM 3 record unless they have one hell of an undercard.
I don't want that match to happen for the title, I am just saying if it did. Unfortunetely it's looking like a strong possibility. And Roman has been put over enough, I am already sick of his superman booking.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
HHH nor Rock should be anywhere near the title Picture. *Especially* at wrestlemania.

It's just not believable. You don't "believe" in their characters caring about the title. HHH runs WWE, which is bigger than the title. Rock is a huge movie star, which is bigger than the title. Either of them going for the title seems forced, and a waste.

Brock Lesnar - although also a part-timer, is at least a bit more believable. Since WWE is all he has, even as a part-timer you can buy into him caring about being champion.

If HHH vs Reigns for the title happens, it should happen at Fastlane before mania, or simply be without the title.

· Banned
5,811 Posts

Reigns is the new star they are attempting to build, so in that sense, HHH winning the title in the short term is not a bad idea. He brings back the edge and the 'Cerebral Assassin' character and puts Reigns over at Mania.

It's certainly better than Reigns retaining at the rumble against what should be insurmountable odds.

Reigns/HHH can be made compelling. It has potential, but it's down to WWE to pull a few surprises out of the bag and try and keep it as creative as possible. Refrain from having Reigns cut a promo every week. Nothing kills Reigns momentum more than a show opening promo.

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
Please god no. HHH should not be a champion in 2016.

He can interfere in the match to perhaps cost Roman (Because Roman can't just lose any sort of match clean, remember), but that's all he should do.

· Banned
1,011 Posts
I'd love it if Triple H was champion for at least 8 months. But I know I'd be disappointed if I expect a championship reign to be any where near as good as his past reigns. But I'll take whatever I get to see, considering it will be his last.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Reigns is the new star they are attempting to build, so in that sense, HHH winning the title in the short term is not a bad idea. He brings back the edge and the 'Cerebral Assassin' character and puts Reigns over at Mania.

It's certainly better than Reigns retaining at the rumble against what should be insurmountable odds.

Reigns/HHH can be made compelling. It has potential, but it's down to WWE to pull a few surprises out of the bag and try and keep it as creative as possible. Refrain from having Reigns cut a promo every week. Nothing kills Reigns momentum more than a show opening promo.
Nah, this should go to Brock Lesnar, WWE's biggest mainstream star. There's no better rub than capping off a overcoming all odds angle, than by beating Brock Lesnar. Also helps sell out AT&T Stadium. H isn't near the draw, Brock is.

Triple H vs Reigns at Fastlane is more believable.

· Premium Member
549 Posts
Sorry in advance, everyone. I hope HHH runs through the rumble and pins Reigns at Mania. It won't happen, but it would be far more entertaining having Hunter as champ until someone actually deserves it. I'd kill to see a proper HHH/Owens feud for the belt.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
I'd rather have HHH as a NXT champion, so I wouldn't need to watch Finn's reign anymore. :draper2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.