1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
hopefully not, and Shawn stays retired

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Shawn isn't coming back. Unlike the phoney retirements of desperate hang-ons like Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, I think that Shawn Michaels has left the game for good. Sure, there'll probably be the occasional guest appearance but nothing worth getting excited about.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Shawn could always come back as a figurehead member/leader, but he wont ever ever ever be in the ring again in a competitive nature again.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I hate how there is some kind of expectant respectful code to stay retired in Pro Wrestling, everything about Pro Wrestling is a work yet we as fans expect ritirement to be cast iron.

Freddie Blassie one said you never retire from Pro Wrestling, you might not be able to work tne ring but you can always work the crowd

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
I hate how there is some kind of expectant respectful code to stay retired in Pro Wrestling, everything about Pro Wrestling is a work yet we as fans expect ritirement to be cast iron.
let's see, shawn has a series of ACTUAL concussions, and said in a shoot interview that he wishes to respect Taker and keep his word that WM was his last match ever. Shawn doesnt want to join the list of wrestlers who have a) hopped back and forth between retired and unretired b) died too young because of wrestling.

Stop with the "HIS RETIREMENT MIGHT BE A WORK" bullshit...

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Shawn Michaels says he's coming for HHH...

The Wrestling Observer

WWE issued a video to mailing list subscribers of Shawn Michaels interrupting Triple H’s promotion of the Inside Out DVD. After teasing the movie’s plot of Triple’s character killing his best friend, Michaels questions the Chief Operating Officer’s decision making in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

He tells Triple H, “I just want you to know there’s no hard feelings ’cause of what you did to my friend, Kevin Nash. You fired him like a no-good S.O.B. and I’m sure you had a perfectly good reason even though it looks like you’ve changed an awful lot and you’re not the same guy you used to be.
“I’m not going to hold that against you. What anyone says that you’re a turncoat, backstabber—I don’t believe them.”

Michaels then tells Hunter that he may be seeing him again soon, and leaves the room.

http://f.chtah.com/i/1/2083514430/WWE_InsideOutDVD_LP.HTML

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Re: Shawn Michaels says he's coming for HHH...

Cool video.

Would love for HBK to come back in some capacity, even in a manager type role or just an on air speaking character. Would be all good with me.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Re: Shawn Michaels says he's coming for HHH...

Would be cool. Isn't he like the only person left that hasn't had any connection with the raw gm?

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
let's see, shawn has a series of ACTUAL concussions, and said in a shoot interview that he wishes to respect Taker and keep his word that WM was his last match ever. Shawn doesnt want to join the list of wrestlers who have a) hopped back and forth between retired and unretired b) died too young because of wrestling.

Stop with the "HIS RETIREMENT MIGHT BE A WORK" bullshit...
I dont think thats what he was saying.

I'm sure his retirement is legit but it doesn't mean he HAS to stay retired. He could return if he wanted to, not sure why it's such a massive negative when someone (someone who can still do it) comes back after being retired. I completely agree with those like Flair staying retired because he's a walking wreck, HBK was still one of the best in the business when he went out and if he could still do anything like he could two years ago then I'd be more than happy to see him.

I very much doubt he will come back, but if he did I would see it as some massive tragedy or him breaking some unwritten rule somewhere. I could see HBK coming back but only as an on air character, not a wrestler more a mouth peice or just spokesperson etc. Would love to see him have a role for a couple of months though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can only see him wrestling again if someone else had the legend killer gimmick and challenged him, apart from that guest appearances here and there

1 - 20 of 37 Posts