Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple H talks about The Rock, his match with Cena, his return, defends it and says it is not to promote anything or for money like Felix claims. Also talks about his kids, Stephanie, how Charisma is more important than in-ring skills, how Austin got bigger because of charisma not in ring, inducting Mike Tyson, his match with Taker, Bodybuilding and how WWE is going to hold tryouts. Good interview!

http://rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show/5296-jefftheproducer-hmr-v15-4116.html

Triple H comes in at the two hour mark and talks about Rock at the 2 hour and 24 minute Rock.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Something along these lines, can't remember completely because I'm writing it as I'm hearing it.

Interviewer: "I think it's amazing too that the Rock is still coming back for Wrestlemania given the fact that he's such a big movie star now he obviously still has his roots entrenched in the wrestling."

HHH: "I've known him since the beginning and it's one of those things there is no... you make movies all day and it's fun I've done them and you know certainly not to the level he has, it's fun and it's great and all that stuff, but there is nothing, nothing, nothing that compares to standing in a ring with 80,000 people going crazy, and it's in his blood he's grown up with it his whole life (something I couldn't decipher) listen he's not doing this for the money, he's not doing this for the fame, he's not doing this for the promotion. I think his last movie he just came out with less than a month ago I think just topped 300 million... he's G.I. Joe now, he's got it all going for him in Hollywood and quite honestly I mean the fact that he likes it so much, he's willing to come back and risk you know he could get hurt, listen it's a physically demanding business and he could get injured, anything could happen, and he's willing to risk all that, because he enjoys it he loves it and I think it's one of those things when he left and he was gone a long time he had to go do the things he had to do but he's always been a part of us in some way. I always thought it was kind of a matter of time he would want to do something once he felt like he had himself established in Hollywood to where it was ok for him to do, it's hard to put down man that it's like if you're in a band that's doing stadiums like the Rolling Stones, why do they keep touring? etc..."

Interviewer: "I can imagine if you're still on top of your game too (HHH interrupts)"

HHH: "Yeah, I mean that's the thing for him you see the thing that's incredible about this match to me is... the Rock Cena match that we're billing as one in a lifetime, it truly is, because if you think about it Rock is 37 or 38 somewhere in that ballpark right? Probably in in the best shape he has ever been in physically all that stuff so he's still at his athletic peak, Cena is obviously still at the top of his game, it's like watching... Rock is from another generation, you know what I'm saying? It's like watching Ali fight Tyson but their both in their prime, that does not happen, it doesn't happen. Years ago Rock fought Hogan, but Hogan you know was in his 50s, and he was past... wasn't the same Hogan from 85, it was a different Hogan and this is still the Rock from when he was at the peak of his business, he is no different, he hasn't lost a step, you can see when he cuts his promos and when he does little things in the ring he's sharp as he has ever been, he's in his prime, wrestling John Cena in his prime."

Little bits and pieces missed out that you can hear yourself.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Something along these lines, can't remember completely because I'm writing it as I'm hearing it.

Interviewer: "I think it's amazing too that the Rock is still coming back for Wrestlemania given the fact that he's such a big movie star now he obviously still has his roots entrenched in the wrestling."

HHH: "I've known him since the beginning and it's one of those things there is no... you make movies all day and it's fun I've done them and you know certainly not to the level he has, it's fun and it's great and all that stuff, but there is nothing, nothing, nothing that compares to standing in a ring with 80,000 people going crazy, and it's in his blood he's grown up with it his whole life (something I couldn't decipher) listen he's not doing this for the money, he's not doing this for the fame, he's not doing this for the promotion. I think his last movie he just came out with less than a month ago I think just topped 300 million... he's G.I. Joe now, he's got it all going for him in Hollywood and quite honestly I mean the fact that he likes it so much, he's willing to come back and risk you know he could get hurt, listen it's a physically demanding business and he could get injured, anything could happen, and he's willing to risk all that, because he enjoys it he loves it and I think it's one of those things when he left and he was gone a long time he had to go do the things he had to do but he's always been a part of us in some way. I always thought it was kind of a matter of time he would want to do something once he felt like he had himself established in Hollywood to where it was ok for him to do, it's hard to put down man that it's like if you're in a band that's doing stadiums like the Rolling Stones, why do they keep touring? etc..."

Interviewer: "I can imagine if you're still on top of your game too (HHH interrupts)"

HHH: "Yeah, I mean that's the thing for him you see the thing that's incredible about this match to me is... the Rock Cena match that we're billing as one in a lifetime, it truly is, because if you think about it Rock is 37 or 38 somewhere in that ballpark right? Probably in in the best shape he has ever been in physically all that stuff so he's still at his athletic peak, Cena is obviously still at the top of his game, it's like watching... Rock is from another generation, you know what I'm saying? It's like watching Ali fight Tyson but their both in their prime, that does not happen, it doesn't happen. Years ago Rock fought Hogan, but Hogan you know was in his 50s, and he was past... wasn't the same Hogan from 85, it was a different Hogan and this is still the Rock from when he was at the peak of his business, he is no different, he hasn't lost a step, you can see when he cuts his promos and when he does little things in the ring he's sharp as he has ever been, he's in his prime, wrestling John Cena in his prime."

Thanks for posting. (Y)

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Thanks, great interview from a old school wrestling veteran. When he's not biased/petty HHH is a smart wrestling mind.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
If he's telling the truth here, so much for that report that he was the one behind the resentment of Rock returning.

·
Registered
496 Posts
HHH is a smart businessman. He knows the benefit of having the rock back even if he did have a problem hes not stupid enough to make that problem public.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ofcourse he is a smart businessman. And if he really did have a problem then he will not go out of his way to prasie Rock the way he did here. A one or two good lines would be enough but he went out of his way and defended Rock's decision to go Hollywood, praised his work in Hollywood and his dedication for the WWE universe. Its a little too much for a person to praise someone whom you have problem with.

·
Banned
303 Posts
"I think his last movie he just came out with less than a month ago I think just topped 300 million... he's G.I. Joe now, he's got it all going for him in Hollywood and quite honestly I mean the fact that he likes it so much, he's willing to come back and risk you know he could get hurt, listen it's a physically demanding business and he could get injured, anything could happen, and he's willing to risk all that, because he enjoys it he loves it and I think it's one of those things when he left and he was gone a long time he had to go do the things he had to do but he's always been a part of us in some way."
-Triple H

Right here. Triple H owns The Rock haters and Cena deluded PG loving fans more than even Edge or any other guy that defended The Rock could. I hold HHH words even higher than that of JR and other critics.

·
Banned
679 Posts
triple h would rather the rock on the full time roster then cena

·
Registered
415 Posts
Paul isn't stupid. He knows that if he is going to be running the business in the future then he needs the Rock, especially if things continue to tank.

Maybe it was different when he was just another wrestler, trying to make it in among the roster and recovering from the Kliq incident, but now that he's being groomed to take over the entire federation, he has to put his personal distaste (unwarranted, IMO) aside and recognize how important Rock is to his own future success.

The constant point that hits home though is that the Rock doesn't need any favors from anyone and he doesn't need the WWE. If they rub him the wrong way, he can pack up his bags and go back to Hollywood and it won't make a damn difference in the world to him. Inside though, it's because he loves the business that he is staying classy and doing things the right way.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
If you heard the interview you also can actually hear HHH acknowledge The Rock as the 'Greatest Ever'. So whatever supposed problems they had with one another I believe went out the window when they were making history with eachother and carrying the company with their epic '99-2000 fued.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
If you heard the interview you also can actually hear HHH acknowledge The Rock as the 'Greatest Ever'. So whatever supposed problems they had with one another I believe went out the window when they were making history with eachother and carrying the company with their epic '99-2000 fued.
Triple H never had any problems with the rock, it was all just lies.
There is an interview where he said that they never got to know each other on a personal level.
Its just in the ring they were always trying to outdo each other and be the guy.

The interview is great as well. Thanks OP for posting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts