1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Triple H

HBK

Triple H

Triple H

Regardless, HBK will always be seen as the bigger star because his big match moments are more iconic.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mic skills: HBK

Ring skills: HBK

Better feuds: HBK

Bigger Draw: HBK

Better at getting crowd reactions(face or heel): HBK

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Mic skills: HHH

Better feuds: HHH

Bigger Draw: HHH

Better at getting crowd reactions(face or heel): HHH heat > HBK heat but I don't know about face reactions. I could call it either way

This is always a tough one. I think Trips is the bigger superstar but if you look at things from a purely wrestling standpoint, and by that I mean in ring, then you have to give it to HBK. Depends on what way you look at it I guess.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Triple H

HBK

Triple H

Triple H

Regardless, HBK will always be seen as the bigger star because his big match moments are more iconic.
This, plus a lot of people diminish Trips's accomplishments because of his standing in the company.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
HBK, easily.

He had the bigger moments whether promos {lost his smile, canada 2005), matches (pick any epic), or events (screw job, 2002 comeback).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Better feuds: TIE

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
HBK is the bigger star according to WWE's list :rolleyes:

HHH is the bigger star imo, and i prefer HHH anyway.

·
Banned
564 Posts
rofl HHH wishes he could be on the same level on HBK, who himself wishes he could be on the same level as Austin or Rock.

These guys are both backstage douchebags who have tried to buy their way to the top, and still aren't the same level as the real big stars.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Better feuds: HHH

Better at getting crowd reactions(face or heel): TIE

Split right down the middle for me. Personally though, I think HBK is the bigger star.

When it's all over and done, HBK will be the one remembered for his classic matches and his well deserved "Mr Wrestlemania" title. While HHH will have a legacy of good matches and great mike work, I've got the feeling he'll be primarily remembered for marrying the boss' daughter and taking over the WWE.

Which is kinda sad, but that's how I see it happening.

·
Registered
942 Posts
HBK in every category.

HHH is the definition of mediocre, in every sense of the word. He's just been around the right people and had the right attitude. Nothing more.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Mic Skills : HHH has more talent on the mic , but some of HBK's promos are worth remembering

Ring Skills : HBK , no doubt

Bigger Draw : HHH , no doubt

Better Fueds : Equal

Crowd Reactions : Equal

They are kind of equal .. The biggest achievement HHH will be remembered for is being part / leading 2 of the biggest factions in history , DX and Evolution .. His contribution in the development of Orton and Batista is very very important ..

But HBK will always be remembered for the big match moments .. Some of his fueds and promos were also show stealers .. HBK, the bigger star easily , but HHH will also go down as one of the best ..

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
HBK in every category.

HHH is the definition of mediocre, in every sense of the word. He's just been around the right people and had the right attitude. Nothing more.
HHH is no where near mediocre .. He is a great talent ..

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
rofl HHH wishes he could be on the same level on HBK, who himself wishes he could be on the same level as Austin or Rock.

These guys are both backstage douchebags who have tried to buy their way to the top, and still aren't the same level as the real big stars.
Level 1 : Austin , Rock , Hogan , Cena
Level 2 : HBK , Undertaker , HHH , Flair etc. etc.

If HHH and HBK aren't on the level of Austin/Rock , doesn't mean they haven't had a great career .. They are big stars in their own league .. After all , Austin and Rock are once in a life time talent ..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

As an HBK fan I would ashamed if anyone would ever compared HBK to people like Rock & Austin(mediocre wrestlers) who IMO are atleast two rungs lower

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
As an HBK fan I would ashamed if anyone would ever compared HBK to people like Rock & Austin(mediocre wrestlers) who IMO are atleast two rungs lower
Dude , stop joking .. Austin is the greatest of all time .. If you say HBK is in the same league as Austin , I would say your opinion , fine .. But 2 rungs lower .. Really ?!

Austin is one of the biggest draws WWE ever had .. He has made more impact that HBK .. He has unmatched charisma and appeal .. HBK is very good in his own regards , but saying he is BETTER than Austin is kind of funny ..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm surprised that people have picked HHH in terms of mic skills,HBK's heel promos are as good as they can possibly.I'd put only Jake the snake & Ted Dibiase Sr. above HBK in terms of HEEL WORK.

For me HBK owns HHH in every category,mic skills or in-ring skills........

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Dude , stop joking .. Austin is the greatest of all time .. If you say HBK is in the same league as Austin , I would say your opinion , fine .. But 2 rungs lower .. Really ?!

Austin is one of the biggest draws WWE ever had .. He has made more impact that HBK .. He has unmatched charisma and appeal .. HBK is very good in his own regards , but saying he is BETTER than Austin is kind of funny ..
You just said it was his opinion. "Better" isn't a quantitative term by any means. I think HBK is "better" than Austin, and that's my opinion. And I'm not alone in it. You can't act like Austin's "betterness" is a fact unless we're strictly speaking draw value. Do ratings and ticket sales really make someone a "better star"? Maybe by your definition, but that definition isn't shared by everyone. It's my opinion that if HBK hadn't been out for four years with an injury, thus missing the entire "Attitude Era" which the IWC covets as a sacred time when the WWF could do no wrong, (they actually could, and did, a lot of wrong; probably more wrong than they did right), it's my OPINION that there wouldn't even be this discussion of "HBK isn't in the same league as Rock and Austin". Frankly, that OPINION is one that, I believe, is based on when you began to love wrestling. I loved wrestling before and during the attitude era. A lot of people on this forum didn't start watching it until the attitude era. These people, I think, tend to be the ones who put Rock and Austin up on this pedestal that even Hogan supposedly can't touch because, again, rose-tinted glasses; they didn't care about wrestling until Rock and Austin, ergo the logic is that Rock and Austin are in a different league. Not everyone abides by this logic or agrees with the outcome. Deal with it.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts