Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just hit me. I can't wait for the hate I get for this, but I'm more angry at myself for not getting it. EVERY Trips match is main event potential. He's amazing on the mic and legit sounds real which is hard to do these days apparently other then Kevin Owens. He was always HUGE and looked the part of a champion and still does. His style of wrestling is American and safe (Miz gets hate for this shit), but the Pedigree is a top 5 most over move. If little boy Rollins didn't ruin it, we'd talk top 3. Oh and yeah, he does NXT. GOAT gets props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
He probably is tbh. Even though my all-time favorite is Jericho. Both are perfect, they got it all.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Shame Demon Kane Legend hasn't been around to try to refute this claim and get that Haitch rematch.

@DemonKane_Legend showed up to make sure that the accolades were set straight in the Kane thread. I am curious to see if maybe he's softened his stance some on HHH, though. For all we know he might even be in agreement with the OP these days.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
I've been a fan of Triple H since 1995. I knew that guy would be something someday and I was right.

On the contrary than everyone thinks, Triple H is a really nice guy. He has no problem jobbing when the time it right. He's trying to build the future of the WWE. If there is one man in the WWE I'd love to have a chat with is Triple H... you know he'll tell things like they are.

I enjoyed his interview with Austin couple years ago. He has tons of respect to Undertaker which is amazing from his part. He's willing to do great things for children. He is truly a legend.

As for his matches, he gave The Great Khali, of all people, at Summerslam 2008 a good match. Who in the bloody hell could accomplish that besides him and perhaps Undertaker?

Yes... bow to the KING OF KINGS!!!!

TRIPLE H RULES!!! Big fan!

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
@DemonKane_Legend showed up to make sure that the accolades were set straight in the Kane thread. I am curious to see if maybe he's softened his stance some on HHH, though. For all we know he might even be in agreement with the OP these days.
Oh shit I thought he was banned tbh, but you can't ban legends.

Hopefully WF set's up some kind of WF Rantamania and we get that as the main event lol

·
#HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
5,256 Posts
HHH will always be a polarizing guy in these talks. I personally love him, and he is my fav heel ever. However you can't dispute a lot of backstage pull he had when so many guys speak out on it. respected guys, jobbers, champions, etc. Him potentially being involved in Jericho being buried is pretty shitty. The good far outweighs the bad for me though with HHH.

Reactions: Ben Lister

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
That logic though, every "Trips match is main event potential" refers nothing to the talent he has, just the credibillity. And he is a very hit and miss performer. For every great feud and match which he "hits", there's just as many where he "misses". Too inconsistent for me to call him a greatest of all time performer.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
Administrator
59,280 Posts
Uh, I'm a Triple H fan but every big match he's in also has the potential to be garbage/trash/sub-par/boring or all of those words put together. His record is suspect.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
The only really bad Triple H matches that stand out prominently to me were the ones with Scott Steiner. Edit: And also maybe Randy Orton from WM25.

His heel run from 99-2001 was some of the best I ever saw. Him vs. The Rock in early 2000 had me glued to my seat. Raw and Smackdown were can't miss back then.

·
Registered
14,230 Posts
It's all subjective .

He's probably one of the top ten GOAT heels.

But all time, all around, however you want to put it, GOAT? Nah. There's more than a handful of guys I personally would put ahead of Haitch.

But again, it is all subjective.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,892 Posts
sigh.....hoping this is a troll thread but seriously? I'll bite lol

a.) HHH is great
b.) HHH is nice
c.) HHH is the most "winners write history" legend of all time.
d.) D-X is the most "over hyped post modern faction" of all time.
e.) Jerry Lawler is The" King of Wrestling" I mean really are we really calling HHH the "King of Kings"? Gonna need some actual historical perspective here. Lawler wrestled main events for 6 decades against the sports best HHH slept with Vince's daughter and has had a really awesome 20 year career.
f.) Like HHH all you want but he is not Hogan, The Rock, Austin, Andre, Verne, Buddy, Flair or about 20 other guys. And by 20 I am completley being gracious because in all reality he's probably top 40 at best.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
If HHH had kept the momentum, workrate, and and heat that he had as a heel in 2000-2001 when he became the Raw's top heel during the brand split from 2002-2005, he would probably be the GOAT heel. However, it took him awhile to find his groove after the quad injury and his Reign of Terror is a huge blemish on his career.

He cannot be considered GOAT because he doesn't have the ability to play face well. He's organically better as a heel. The Rock is amazing because he could play top babyface and a lava-heat generating heel.

His career will also have an asterisk next to his name, denoting his marriage into the McMahon family.

Don't fret though, the WWE narrative will paint him as one of the GOATs.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.