Registered
693 Posts
Positives-

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

Evolution vs Shield

I personally liked the stuff with The Big Show and the Authority

Negatives-

The whole Authority

Stephanie being on TV every week. I don’t know who was asking for Stephanie.

Authority Orton vs Cena

Triple H vs Reigns

Triple H vs Rollins

·
Registered
125 Posts
went on way way too long, reminded me of early NWO where they got all the heat and faces never got a payoff, and if they did it was fleating like survivor series. The Evo - Shield stuff was good but i think they broke up the Shield too soon. Plus them being involved with HHH orton and Batista left Bryan without anyone decent to face. Even if he didnt get injured they booked him to make sure his title reign post mania would look like crap until the planned Lenser SS Squash.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
B+ I think The Authority did its job perfectly. It was a heel stable that wasn't cool and got whatever babyface it was against cheered. I mean they got fucking Vickie Guerrero cheered.

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
I'd rank it a 6 out of 10.

He had great matches with Daniel Bryan and Ambrose which might be among his best non gimmick matches. I also enjoyed his match and feud with Sting. Also can't leave out the shield matches.

Back to Back awful matches at WM 32 and 33 taints the run for me, plus the authority was overexposed at one point where it felt like they were opening the show every week and it felt like the same shit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I enjoyed it from Summerslam to Wrestlemania 30, after that when the whole saga with Daniel Bryan was over The Authority became stale, every week Triple H and Stephanie opened the show with 20 minutes dreadful promos, the main event of Raw was always the same, it was always the same Authority guys vs the same top faces, with the faces winning all the time, and with Triple H and Steph looking from ringside, it was like watching the same fucking show every week. Triple H and Stephanie made Raw unbearable to watch for a year and half.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I think it's a shame Bryan got injured in 2014 so we didn't get to see The Authority vs Bryan play out with Bryan trying to survive as WWE Champion. Instead they had to switch to John Cena and suddenly The Authority don't want Cena to be the face of the company? It made no sense because the audience know that of course the higher ups want Cena to be number 1. He's been doing it for years!

So yeah SS14 was the perfect time to end it, it was good before then and got old after

1 - 9 of 9 Posts