Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the video would speak for it'self

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
How did Triple H bury Orton's career?

So, you would prefer Orton to remain the man for as long as Cena has, when likely Orton would get bashed more than he already is?

Orton, similar to Cena, is a guy who has done too much too fast and is now at the point there is nothing else for his character to do, besides go heel again, which he is better at.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Sheamus vs. a heel Orton for the title would fresh things up if you ask me. Ambrose, Sandow and Cesaro need to get their feet wet and wait a year or two before challenging for the big one. The only current heel on Smackdown after Bryan whom I have interest in challenging Sheamus is Cody Rhodes.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It's just what Triple H does.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Triple H has greatly helped Orton's career through associating with him in Evolution. However, the problem is they don't have good in-ring chemistry with each other and 9/10 Orton came out looking worse than he came into a match with Triple H and I'm not just talking about taking a pin fall. I don't believe it was intentional but it has a occurred on more than one occasion. Look at their matches at Unforgiven 04, Royal Rumble 05, Judgment Day 08, the infamous WM25 main event and Great American Bash 09. They did have two great LMS matches, though. The only notable singles matches between Triple H and Orton. Orton's 10 minute reign at No Mercy may have trivialized the WWE title initially that evening at No Mercy 07 but by the end I guess he left with more heat after defeating HHH in The Game's third match of the evening.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
There are 2 sides to this interesting story remember? If people arent aware it was during that period Orton was a raging drug addict if anyone buried his career its Orton

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,358 Posts
I don't think HHH buried Orton's career but I did like the video nonetheless, was quite funny.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Orton buried his own career by getting pushed incessently for a decade and still drawing lower numbers than people like Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry. He's horrible, any time Triple H killed his momentum, he was doing every wrestling fan a favour.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Pretty sure Orton wouldn't be in the position he is today if it wasn't for his Evolution days. Not saying he's bad because I'm actually a fan but Evolution got him over big time.

WM 25 main event was certainly lame though.

·
Banned
735 Posts
FAIL. The only reason orton was even over with the fans in 2004 was because he was feuding the massive heel Triple h.

Think - Wade barrett/John cena Nexus 2010. Similar case.

Orton was immediately pushed to become the World champion when he wasnt even ready at that time. If you go back and read 2004 IWC posts, there was plenty of rage over this push. People werent getting behind him completely.

Evolution MADE orton btw.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It's still very vague to me, but Orton was really gaining my interest when he beat Benoit, had some good stints with Game and Evolution. He lost the title like what, a month after? I think HHH did some halting on Orton's momentum at times. Not sure what the reasons for those were, but Orton is pretty big because of HHH. HHH was a HUGE heel back in the day thou.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
I liked him winning the World Title back in 2004, but looking back it probably was too soon.

As for HHH burying him, who cares now? The guy is way over and is being screwed over by creative giving him garbage storylines.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Funny quotes in that one.

HHH in 2004 was disgusting. He was starting to get fat and had no facial hair. He seriously looked like a pig.

I find it hilarious that HHH jobbed to Benoit three times in 04 and then immediately beat the man who beat Benoit for the title. That booking in the fall was horrendous. Nice to have your groomed top babyface eat a CLEAN pinfall at the Rumble too.

Orton was being groomed to be a star before Evolution. I have no doubt he wouldn't have gotten over eventually without Evolution.

Anytime Orton gains any momentum he should avoid HHH like the plague.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
There are 2 sides to this interesting story remember? If people arent aware it was during that period Orton was a raging drug addict if anyone buried his career its Orton
Orton's "raging addict" period was until 2006. (just check his physical appearance out after 2006, he was a lot smaller) I understand he was "not ready" in 2004 but after 2008 and 2009, he had moved on from that period but still treated like a cowardly bitch in feuds with HHH.

Anyways, people will say "Orton has been shoved down our throats" and although it's true that WWE never gave up on him, his momentum has always gotten killed by HHH every time he's been on the rise as a heel. Now he's a face and pretty much become a 'veteran' in position of helping put over younger talent and HHH is a part-timer at best so we wont expect them to cross-path again.

Orton buried his own career by getting pushed incessently for a decade and still drawing lower numbers than people like Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry. He's horrible, any time Triple H killed his momentum, he was doing every wrestling fan a favour.
So biased. During their feud in 2009, Raw was drawing 4.1 ratings and Orton even surpassed Cena in terms of merch sales on the RTWM. Just because he was given the position to carry a terrible brand (Smackdown in 2011) and failed doesn't mean shit.

·
Banned
735 Posts
I find it hilarious that HHH jobbed to Benoit three times in 04 and then immediately beat the man who beat Benoit for the title. That booking in the fall was horrendous. Nice to have your groomed top babyface eat a CLEAN pinfall at the Rumble too.
And how did he become Top babyface exactly?

Because HHH and Evolution turned on him. Heel HHH turned on until-then-heel orton making Orton immediately the top face.

Orton was being groomed to be a star before Evolution. I have no doubt he wouldn't have gotten over eventually without Evolution.
Fail. HHH handpicked him. watch orton's dvd if you want more info.

Orton's "raging addict" period was until 2006. (just check his physical appearance out after 2006, he was a lot smaller) I understand he was "not ready" in 2004 but after 2008 and 2009, he had moved on from that period but still treated like a cowardly bitch in feuds with HHH.
Because he was a heel and HHH was the face. Orton was a cowardly bitch against cena as well. Why do you think that was?

Thats how Heel vs babyface works unless its henry or lesnar like superstars.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
If anything fucked Orton's career it was Orton you cant blame Triple H for the shitty year of 2004 when its connected to Orton. Drugs were a HUGE role in why he wasnt ready to be the champion

1 - 20 of 74 Posts