Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
What?
13,511 Posts
They were supposed to. That's why trips was so cheap in his promo prior to it. He was pandering shamelessly to the crowd. And noticing that the major babyfaces weren't out there means that I think this is an obvious set up for vote of no confidence vs. vote of confidence at Survivor Series. It gives them PLENTY of time to build up the feud (which is what the WWE seems to be missing lately; strong and long PPV builds) and would actually be a pretty cool match to watch.

Established major babyfaces Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton and The Rock vs. up-and-coming heels like Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, ADR and either Christian as captain or a surprise Jericho return :side:

Sorry I can hope.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is fine whats another over for HHH? Kinda lost count. I would rather have HHH being put over on a throne, or a major heel turn than listening to Johnny Ace taking the mic over and over.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
As Evolution said, it was clear that Triple H was supposed to be the figure sympathized with by the audience. It's why JR hesitated for so long to leave, why the camera kept lingering on Triple H's sad countenance, why names like Cena and Punk and Orton were nowhere to be found.

This is going somewhere, though.

I'd like to think it'll be better and more satisfying than The Powers That Be or They or the oldie-but-goodie The Higher Power or the most recent big one, The Bigger Picture, but I don't want to give creative too much credit ahead of time--that's a perilous course, as history has displayed. However, there is certainly some kind of game plan here. I'd like to see Stephanie be the one who's manipulating everything, as it would circle the entire angle back to around Summerslam time. Stephanie can say that she was underwhelmed by Triple H's efforts to keep Punk in check and avenge Punk's insults toward her and by extension him. Play the Lady Macbeth character we all know she can, and lead Trips slowly to the Dark Side by Survivor Series time. It would supply the much needed motivation for Triple H's heel turn. And Punk needs it because without the angle circling back to him, a lot of this is sort of for naught.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
That's why Cena, Orton, Punk and Sheamus were not out there. So they wouldn't have to walk out on him. It was a cool ending but I still have no idea why the crowd was on his side. It certainly made me shake my head.

Especially to see someone like Mark Henry out there, for what he has been doing recently he should be lucky (kayfabe wise) to have a job. He injured Kane, Big Show, Lawler and the Great Kahli. Shouldn't he be fired?

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
But for real, I agree OP.

I can see him getting cheered over part of the rooster but the fucking entire rooster..that was far too much. The pops were probably pumped in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
As Evolution said, it was clear that Triple H was supposed to be the figure sympathized with by the audience. It's why JR hesitated for so long to leave, why the camera kept lingering on Triple H's sad countenance, why names like Cena and Punk and Orton were nowhere to be found.

This is going somewhere, though.

I'd like to think it'll be better and more satisfying than The Powers That Be or They or the oldie-but-goodie The Higher Power or the most recent big one, The Bigger Picture, but I don't want to give creative too much credit ahead of time--that's a perilous course, as history has displayed. However, there is certainly soWme kind of game plan here. I'd like to see Stephanie be the one who's manipulating everything, as it would circle the entire angle back to around Summerslam time. Stephanie can say that she was underwhelmed by Triple H's efforts to keep Punk in check and avenge Punk's insults toward her and by extension him. Play the Lady Macbeth character we all know she can, and lead Trips slowly to the Dark Side by Survivor Series time. It would supply the much needed motivation for Triple H's heel turn. And Punk needs it because without the angle circling back to him, a lot of this is sort of for naught.
Dude, nice analysis! You're way too smart to be posting on wrestling forums.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts