Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought I had - had the original plan of Triple H vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 23 gone ahead, who would've gone over? Would Triple H have taken a second clean loss to put Cena over as "the guy", or would he have won the WWE Championship to tie their "series" at 1-1? And if that was the case, would he have won the title in the main event, or would Batista vs. Undertaker have been bumped up to the main event?

Personally I feel that in the end, they still would've put Cena over at that WrestleMania. He was being majorly pushed as "the face of the company" and I think had he gone up against Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Orton, Batista, it doesn't really matter who it was - he'd have still walked out of the show as WWE Champion.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
It was the first major stadium show in a couple of years, Cena was the new face of the company, he was walking out WWE Champion no matter what.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
HHH probably would have won at 23 since cena won the year before

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Thank God it didn't.

Cena/HBK was miles better than Cena/HHH

·
Administrator
59,213 Posts
There's no doubt that Triple H would have won. There's no way they would have did a Mania rematch just for H to lose again. And for the evidence, just check their rematch in 2008 where HHH won clean.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Thank God HHH got hurt and HBK did the job because we all know HHH wouldnt have done it. That Mania is also the second biggest drawing PPV in wrestling history with the almighty HHH not even being on the card. Once again proving lack of :trips is best for business :lol

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,751 Posts
HHH would have won and Taker/Batista would've main evented to give the crowd a happy ending.
YOU LIKE HAPPY ENDING?!

HHH would have won, but I think Cena/HHH would have been the main event.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
HHH/Cena would not have been jack shit at Wrestlemania 23. That card was already stacked; it woulda been the 3rd or 4th most interesting match. The plan woulda been HBK Vs HHH Vs Cena, with Cena submitting/pinning Shawn, and Cena solidifying his place as the top dog by beating 2 all time greats at once. That's what it was gonna be, and it woulda been fuckin awesome , but Triple H got injured so they did it at Survivor Series 2009.

Imagine that superkicking moment right at the start of the match, happening at WM23.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
HHH probably would have won, and traded wins with Cena, just like Cena did with The Rock.

Worked out WAY better and we got the two awesome Cena/HBK matches and, IMO, one of the best WrestleManias of the Cena era.

HHH/Cena would not have been jack shit at Wrestlemania 23. That card was already stacked; it woulda been the 3rd or 4th most interesting match. The plan woulda been HBK Vs HHH Vs Cena, with Cena submitting/pinning Shawn, and Cena solidifying his place as the top dog by beating 2 all time greats at once. That's what it was gonna be, and it woulda been fuckin awesome, but Triple H got injured so they did it at Survivor Series 2009.

Imagine that superkicking moment right at the start of the match, happening at WM23.
That would have been really cool if true. Still, we got the best of both worlds and the match happened anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
With Cena having won the year before, logic dictates that HHH would have won, but I would have been surprised to see Cena lose.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
On a side note,

Who would have been hbks WM 23 opponent if HHH never got hurt?

·
Read Only
1,147 Posts
Triple H would have got his victory back tying them 1-1 to set up for a rubber match, I always had a feeling that Hbk was given the option to go over Cena here and turned it down, the crowd reaction at the end showed they had an expectation of an Hbk win and it would have been a much better ending I reckon.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Thank God it didn't.

Cena/HBK was miles better than Cena/HHH
This.

Triple H would have got his victory back tying them 1-1 to set up for a rubber match, I always had a feeling that Hbk was given the option to go over Cena here and turned it down, the crowd reaction at the end showed they had an expectation of an Hbk win and it would have been a much better ending I reckon.
Also I would have thought since HBK and HHH, if he wasn't injured, were feuding against Rated RKO, it would have lead to RKO vs. HBK if he would have won at WM 23 at No Mercy.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Triple H v Cena at Wrestlemania 22 should have never been the main event. Edge v Cena should have been the headline match. Their feud was hot and Triple H just buzz killed it, much like he buzz killed the Wrestlemania 24 match between against Cena v Orton.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I'll say Edge. The 3 biggest stars in MITB were Edge, Orton and King Booker. I just don't see Orton or Booker getting the nod over Edge.

Good call I said this in the DVD thread as well. Edge was ahead of both guys at that point. I would think Kennedy too at the time because they were so high on him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts