Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Wow what a surprise, HHH makes his return and he beats an up-and-coming star.
Agreed, never saw that coming. :rolleyes:

Really nice of him that he couldn't put the guy over, especially if he's not on tv...
Oh get over yourselves. Yes, let's have him make a big return only to get beat and look like an idiot because that makes so much sense. Nobody saw Del Rio get beat apart from the people there. No harm done.

So in summary, if he plans to return to TV, he better do it with a beard.
150% agreed. Trips without beard = FAIL. As a face he just looks weird without it.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
When I saw the pics I thought, Evolution Trips?! But seriously it was cool to see him in some kind of wrestling form. He did look a little tired from the pictures to me. I hope he is doing good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was at that show, and HHH no-sold Del Rio's wink! He fucking buried him before the bell rang!

Seriously, this show was "for the fans." if HHH was an active heel and Del Rio was the returning face...I bet Del Rio would've won tonight. I can't believe people are bitching about this.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes its a show where faces go over bcause they really want the fans happy. no one bitchng about barrett being AA'd by cena after a dx crotch chop from the Game.'

btw Triple H has a big belly now... but an awesome shirt to cover it up

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
The fact that he went over Del Rio and not somebody like Tyler Reks is what's wrong. He could have faced/beat anyone on the entire roster but they chose Del Rio to do the job.
It was the return of a legend why should he not go over a rising midcard heel? It was a show designed to entertain the fans why would they of cared or been that happy if he had beat Tyler Reks or someone they don't give a crap about.

It wasn't on TV, no one saw it except people in attendance and the few people who see it on WWE.COM it makes no difference.

Had he come onto RAW with a sledgehammer and taken out Del Rio then i might agree but it was just a glorified house show appearance.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
The fact that he went over Del Rio and not somebody like Tyler Reks is what's wrong. He could have faced/beat anyone on the entire roster but they chose Del Rio to do the job.
I don't see why it matters much, it wasn't televised was it? It's not exactly going to hurt Del Rio in the future. At least Del Rio was in one of the main matches, against a WWE legend, is that not good? And atleast he wasn't in the battle royal at the beginning like Jack Swagger.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I don't see why it matters much, it wasn't televised was it? It's not exactly going to hurt Del Rio in the future. At least Del Rio was in one of the main matches, against a WWE legend, is that not good? And atleast he wasn't in the battle royal at the beginning like Jack Swagger.
This. I don't see what the big deal is either. Did people really expect for Triple H to make a one time appearance and lose? LOL. Alberto Del Rio was the perfect person for them to have Triple H come out and face off against - he is a heat magnet infront of a live audience and is on his way to becoming a top player in WWE, but not yet at that point were it would damage his credibility losing to a legend like Triple H.

And like NJ88 said, it wasn't even a televised show. It was a fan appreciation event, so of course all the faces are going to go over big to send the crowd home happy. People need to chill out.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.