Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio was scheduled to be next. Alberto and his announcer got major heat, especially when Alberto told the crowd that Rey was not here, and that he won by forefit. Just as the referee was going to raise Del Rio's hand, for "one night only," cue up Triple H's music. The crowd went insane. Triple H, dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, entered the ring, and Del Rio told him he'd fight him...at another time, as he left the ring. Triple H ran after him, and hit him from behind. He even took Del Rio's scarf, and put it around his neck, wiped his face with it, and blew his nose in it. Nice touch there.
Triple H beat Alberto Del Rio. Classic Triple H ending with the knee facebuster, spinebuster, and Pedigree for the three count. Afterward, Triple H gave Ricardo Rodriguez a Pedigree, and posed for the crowd, still going nuts for Hunter. Nice return for The Game.
(7) John Cena beat World Hvt. champion Kane via DQ, Kane retained the World Title. Cena ripped off his Nexus armband halfway through the match. Cena did the usual comeback, teasing the AA a few times. Kane hit a chokeslam, but only good for two. Then, Cena locked in the STF, and Nexus broke it up, resulting in the DQ.
The beat down continued until Orton ran out and started taking out Nexus. The heels ran out to attack Cena and Orton after that. Then, Triple H led the faces out to the ring to clear the ring. Nexus was left, only to meet finishers from Orton, Triple H, and Big Show. Barrett tried to plead for mercy, and Triple H gave him the DX crotch chop. Cena with the Attitude Adjustment on Barrett to end it.
Afterward, Cena thanked all the fans on behalf of the locker room. Funny to note: Big Show lifted Triple H onto his shoulders, and the two walked around the ring for a while. The Superstars stayed around at ringside to meet with the fans. All in all, a good show from the WWE to give back to the fans.
1) It was Fan Appreciation Day, it was for fans so they can be happy.Agreed, never saw that coming.
Really nice of him that he couldn't put the guy over, especially if he's not on tv...
1) I'm a fan and making HHH beat a young star makes me unhappy1) It was Fan Appreciation Day, it was for fans so they can be happy.
2) It was his first match since Extreme Rules, it wouldn't make sense for him to lose.
1) I mean the fans that actually went to the show. You know, the people that don't know wrestling's scripted.1) I'm a fan and making HHH beat a young star makes me unhappy
2) He didn't have to go against Del Rio, he could have squashed anyone, but he chose a rising star.