Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well of course he is. Triple H clearly loves his mother-in-law. D' awww.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Yeah, he defeated Del Rio. Really wish I had gone. :(

·
Missy
1,281 Posts
Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio was scheduled to be next. Alberto and his announcer got major heat, especially when Alberto told the crowd that Rey was not here, and that he won by forefit. Just as the referee was going to raise Del Rio's hand, for "one night only," cue up Triple H's music. The crowd went insane. Triple H, dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, entered the ring, and Del Rio told him he'd fight him...at another time, as he left the ring. Triple H ran after him, and hit him from behind. He even took Del Rio's scarf, and put it around his neck, wiped his face with it, and blew his nose in it. Nice touch there.

Triple H beat Alberto Del Rio. Classic Triple H ending with the knee facebuster, spinebuster, and Pedigree for the three count. Afterward, Triple H gave Ricardo Rodriguez a Pedigree, and posed for the crowd, still going nuts for Hunter. Nice return for The Game.
(7) John Cena beat World Hvt. champion Kane via DQ, Kane retained the World Title. Cena ripped off his Nexus armband halfway through the match. Cena did the usual comeback, teasing the AA a few times. Kane hit a chokeslam, but only good for two. Then, Cena locked in the STF, and Nexus broke it up, resulting in the DQ.

The beat down continued until Orton ran out and started taking out Nexus. The heels ran out to attack Cena and Orton after that. Then, Triple H led the faces out to the ring to clear the ring. Nexus was left, only to meet finishers from Orton, Triple H, and Big Show. Barrett tried to plead for mercy, and Triple H gave him the DX crotch chop. Cena with the Attitude Adjustment on Barrett to end it.

Afterward, Cena thanked all the fans on behalf of the locker room. Funny to note: Big Show lifted Triple H onto his shoulders, and the two walked around the ring for a while. The Superstars stayed around at ringside to meet with the fans. All in all, a good show from the WWE to give back to the fans.
:cool:

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,091 Posts
Been so obvious for so long that Triple H is returning either at or right around Survivor Series...

Thank God.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hes not backing heel ? If he backing to Survivor Series, probably been face.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Part of me wants him to come back as a heel (though the crowd would naturally cheer him when he returns) and part of me doesn't due to the heels rising far more prominently right now. Sounds like a good show, especially for the price, whatever the reason it was on. :p

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Wow what a surprise, HHH makes his return and he beats an up-and-coming star.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
As noted above, he returned without a beard. He needs to grow back his beard. Can't be a self-proclaimed "King" without a manly beard. Plus, he looks much more badass with a beard than without it. The only time a beard wouldn't have suit him was when he was playing the bitch heel during the peak of the Evolution days and he didn't have it then anyway.

So in summary, if he plans to return to TV, he better do it with a beard.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Agreed, never saw that coming. :rolleyes:

Really nice of him that he couldn't put the guy over, especially if he's not on tv...
1) It was Fan Appreciation Day, it was for fans so they can be happy.

2) It was his first match since Extreme Rules, it wouldn't make sense for him to lose.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
1) It was Fan Appreciation Day, it was for fans so they can be happy.

2) It was his first match since Extreme Rules, it wouldn't make sense for him to lose.
1) I'm a fan and making HHH beat a young star makes me unhappy

2) He didn't have to go against Del Rio, he could have squashed anyone, but he chose a rising star.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
1) I'm a fan and making HHH beat a young star makes me unhappy

2) He didn't have to go against Del Rio, he could have squashed anyone, but he chose a rising star.
1) I mean the fans that actually went to the show. You know, the people that don't know wrestling's scripted.

2) Well course he didn't have to do it, but does it matter? Del Rio was getting heat, the fans wanted him to get beat up, he did, they are happy, end of.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,321 Posts
The thing that catches my attention is Cena giving Wade the AA. I mean I thought Cena wasn't allowed to attack Nexus members. The storyline is turning out pretty shit now tbh.

As for the rest of it, meh. I won't count it as anything since it wasn't a Raw or Smackdown event. As far as i'm, concernened this thing never happened and Triple H never returned. selective memory at it's best

1 - 20 of 55 Posts