Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old School Pro. Wrestling Talk (Facebook group)

Chris Jericho says goodbye to the WWE:

Triple H during his promo said that if Edge, Jericho, or RVD were the face of the WWE back in their day, then the WWE would have gone out of business, and the WWE would be working for Ted Turner.

Chris Jericho responds on Twitter:

Thing is @tripleh, despite ur major push,u never were either. Good luck in ur future endeavours @emmrichr84: Not the one @TripleH? I disagree

Time to move on guys. Bye bye @wwe! Now time for more important things...any doubt that #DayInTheLife is the best @thebeatles song ever??
Translation: Despite Triple H receiving a major push, he was never the one to carry the company either. A fan says that Triple H is the best at everything he does. Jericho wishes the fan the best in his future endeavours and says he disagrees.

I hope this is kayfabe and they're texting eachother laughing about it because i'm sick of this kind of bitching. Bret is the worst for it but it just sucks hearing these guys in their 40s and 50s still taking jabs at eachother about ancient stuff. And Jericho has even been complimentary of HHH recently, particularly about his backstage role and saying he's had loads of great matches when Bret knocked him.

Meltzer:

"I actually spoke to a lot of people and got a lot of emails from that thing on Monday night. It actually occurred to me when I was writing the Observer up on the HHH thing and I was actually reading my notes that that actually was one of the dumbest promos from a smart person that I've ever seen.

In sense what HHH did was he basically told the entire roster that none of you are stars. He told the fans, more importantly, that none of the entire rosters are star. The only stars are the guys who don't wrestle anymore. And that winning the championship shouldn't be the goal and that actually making it into the WWE Hall of Fame means nothing because you're not really a top guy. Edge, is a perfect example, was a multi-time champion and they inducted him into the Hall of Fame, and then HHH explained that in fact he was never a top guy. And if he was the top guy the company would be owned by Ted Turner or would have gone out of business.

The other thing is that none of those 3 guys--Jericho, Edge, Van Dam--were contacted ahead of time. So if it was an angle or meant to be an angle, it was a very unprofessional angle. None of the three are under contract. There's no comeback for Edge. He's not coming back for free for an angle. Jericho might, but the other thing with the Jericho thing, when he tweeted that he doesn't care anymore, that it's no big deal, that tells me that the earlier tweets were a shoot and not a work because if they were a work he would keep them up."

**After Alvarez tells him that Jericho took down the tweet about leaving WWE, Meltzer said, "I can tell you with 100% certainty with the Jericho situation that it was not an angle*. As far if it turns into an angle, it's possible. I'm betting it doesn't by the way because it require him to comeback on top. I suppose they could do that. As far as a decent comeback, he may or may not; he probably will. That's what he usually does. It makes sense for them and him because he's a good performer and helps the TV, gives them more depth on television. So they told the people--you know, whenever he comes back he gets the big pop--and in fact, they told the people that he's not really that big of the star.

And the dumbest of all is that Randy Orton wrestling Daniel Bryan tells you that even Randy Orton isn't that big of a star because none of the big stars would waste their time with him. And even if Daniel Bryan wins the championship, he didn't accomplish anything because Jericho, Edge, and RVD had all at one point held that championship and none of them were big stars--they were all talented guys but could never be top guys. So this whole quest of Daniel Bryan, whether he wins or loses it doesn't matter because winning the title doesn't make you a top guy.

As far as the talent in the dressing room, the reactions that I got from a couple of people were basically that they all felt it was counter-productive. They all felt that HHH, while he will say that he was only working, those were his true thoughts on those guys. It didn't make people very happy.

I asked about the scripting of it. I didn't get an answer of what was and wasn't scripted pass the point that HHH felt very passionately about what he said. So about the format of what it was, whether he wrote the words or not, he wrote the ideas. Or maybe the script was different and he went on his own, I don't know, but the point is it was not a scriptwriter writing all these things."

**They then went on to note the WWE is angry at RVD for leaving and not signing a contract, for Edge for being successful outside of the WWE and not signing a contract so they can have control over what he does. Alvarez argued that with Jericho they're upset that he's not under a deal and is successful outside of the WWE, but Meltzer argued that wasn't the case because he didn't have heat when he left last time. They discussed Jericho and HHH having heat from 1999 i.e. HHH saying Jericho and other guys like Benoit not knowing how to work, and when Jericho worked too physical with Chyna (still HHH's gf at the time).

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Wild Honey Pie > A day in the life

WWWYKI

Also, Grrrrrrrr Triple H suxx Grrrrrrr.

Reactions: Big Booboos

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
thinking about it, Jericho vs HHH at wm30 wouldnt be that effin bad to be honest.
This is roughly how I would book it if Jericho comes back.

HHH wins the WWE Championship at Survivor Series.Jericho makes random appearances on Raw and attacks HHH.WWE announces a match between Jericho and HHH at TLC.Jericho is about to win the match by climbing the ladder when Dean Ambrose starts attacking him.This would lead to a feud between Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho.This could lead to a match at WM where Chris Jericho puts over Dean Ambrose.The promos would be gold.

P.S:I would love if Jericho vs Ambrose happened for the IC title and not the US Title

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Translation: Despite Triple H receiving a major push, he was never the one to carry the company either. A fan says that Triple H is the best at everything he does. Jericho wishes the fan the best in his future endeavours and says he disagrees.

I hope this is kayfabe and they're texting eachother laughing about it because i'm sick of this kind of bitching. Bret is the worst for it but it just sucks hearing these guys in their 40s and 50s still taking jabs at eachother about ancient stuff. And Jericho has even been complimentary of HHH recently, particularly about his backstage role and saying he's had loads of great matches when Bret knocked him.
Of course its kayfabe. HHH probably texted Jericho before the promo. And of course Jericho is not done with wwe forever. U know u can never take what Jericho says serious. Trolling ther fans is what Jericho does best.

BTW does anybody have a Fozzy schedule? I want to see when they are busy or not to maybe get a sense of when Y2J can possibly return

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
There have been numerous times when HHH has been told he married his way to the top.I don't see anyone complaining back then.Hoping for a Chris Jericho return.I would love to see a promo between babyface Jericho and a heel HHH.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
I actually have a feeling he's being legit. I know Jericho loves to troll, but I imagine he wasn't thrilled with how he was booked this year, and maybe that was just the straw that broke the camels back. The thing with him is that he doesn't need WWE, and that's actually a rare position for a talent. Usually in that situation WWE have to cater to that person somewhat. Think of how they treat guys like JBL and King (heck, King was just in his hometown and didn't get the standard humiliation), so Jericho might just feel they aren't treating him with due respect. It might seem a little bit sensitive, but in wrestling things like that are taken very seriously. Jericho himself was actually in the dog house for a good amount of time after his second promo when he called Undertaker boring.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,824 Posts
He gets on incredibly well with HHH. This is 100% keyfabe, also, he's not announcing his retirement via fucking twitter.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
I'd imagine Edge is probably more pissed than Jericho.

It's great for Jericho tho, he can say anything he wants about anybody and it'll be dismissed as a work. Must be fun.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,170 Posts
People actually believe this is legit?

·
Banned
356 Posts
What does everyone keep saying its kayfabe? Its been proven that HHH doesnt follow scripts so he says what he wants, sure he was being a heel but he always wraps his personal feelings about other wrestlers in his promos to subtly bury them. Just like when he said that Edge wasnt a big star, a legend, and never drew a dime stuff that like is uncalled for. HHH ego is petty and im glad Y2J put him in his place, he was never "the guy" no matter how much of a push he got.

1 - 20 of 603 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.