Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved him and Jim Ross in 2001. I'd love it if the WWE had JR and Heyman announce RAW and Cole and Lawler announce SmackDown.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I agree. I would love for Heyman to come back and do commentary. He's similar to JR in a way that he makes great situations seem even better, he's funny but not in a terrible way like Lawler and he has vast knowledge of the product. I doubt he would ever come back to do that kind of thing but would be pretty great if he did.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I certainly am all for Heyman doing commentary again. He was great back then and will sure continue doing a great job if he were to commentate again.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Heyman for GM. Or at least be in Johnny's cabinet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Heyman's commentary run in WWE was brilliant.

I still remember his heel turn as part of the alliance/invasion - "Where there is chaos, JR... there is opportunity!"

·
Registered
415 Posts
I want him as GM

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
the more paul heyman the better, would love it if wwe turned over booking to him -- but I came in here to say --

How awesome was his walk to the ring?? He came out in full stride, as if he'd just arrived to the arena and spent 2 minutes getting to stage. He wasn't standing behind a curtain waiting for his music to hit and play to the crowd. He was walking with purpose. I loved it, it set the tone perfectly from the beginning.

Without a doubt the best powerwalk I've seen in the WWE, ever.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
It would be really interesting to have Heyman back as a commentator again. If possible, move Jerry Lawler or Michael Cole to Smackdown and have Heyman replace whoever..or, Heyman could be a one-man announcer as well.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Get rid of Jerry Lawler and put Hymen in his place instead.
I'm sort of hoping that actually wasn't a typo.

Seriously though, Heyman on commentary would be awesome, or as GM, or as a booker. Any involvement he has would be great tbh.

·
Banned
125 Posts
wouldn't work in PG era, bare in mind this was the same guy who when color commentating with JR on RAW in DC, said "hey Ma! I came to Washington DC and I'm gonna get to see bush!!!"

Trust me this guys hilarious, been underrated for years and when he appeared on Monday, there was genuine applause for this guy, for who he is and what hes done in the past but i just don't see an individual of his promo-giving caliber and credibility when it comes to booking being utilized effectively with the way the current administration in the WWE operates.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think WWE have a love/hate relationship with Heyman. With Heyman he has a tendency to go off from the beaten path that McMahon wants.

With the commentary situation you have to look at it from what McMahon and company think about wrestling, and how they ultimately see the product. Yeah guys like Jim Ross and Paul Heyman would be a better team. But a better team from McMahon's perspective is someone who looks aesthetically pleasing on camera. Will be a good puppet. And has the generic commentator look that McMahon goes with(DeGeorge,Mooney,Pettengill,Hodgson(for a brief time),etc.

Just look at ring announcing. Everybody knows The Fink is the best. But b/c of his look, McMahon would rather go with hacks like Justin Roberts.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts