Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sold on this whole Ryback, and Axel pairing especially with Heyman. Nothing against Heyman, but the Ryback segments are awful. Axel has always been terrible. Heyman isn't going to just give a rub to someone just by standing next to them, especially Axel. I feel like they need a center man not named Paul Heyman, and Kassius Ohno came to mind. I think Ohno is strong enough on his own, but joining this temporary group would be a sound way to introduce him to the WWE fans.

Heyman could feud him with CM Punk, as they have a wrestling past together. Ohno is far better a talent in the ring, and on the mic than either Axel, or Ryback. Ohno could say that Punk used to be his friend, and that he knows how Paul feels about being betrayed by CM Punk as well. However, Punk should be trying to convince Ohno that Paul is very manipulative, and that he needs to reconsider his association with him. This would allow for Ryback, and Axel to possibly get involved in the tag team scene for a little bit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The segments with Ryback are amazing. Ryback just doesn't give it balance with his wrestling. If this was Lesnar in Rybacks spot - we'd be calling it GOAT.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I wouldn't mind one more especially with the rumor Ryback vs. Lesnar happening at some point.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
Should have been Barrett instead of Ryback, IMO.

That being said, they did the feud backwards. It should have culminated with Lesnar-Punk, not begin with it.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Wade Barrett should be a Paul Heyman guy. Heyman could have given Barrett all he needs to take the next step and be a major player.

·
Contemplate or Procrastinate?
127 Posts
No Heyman doesn't need another guy at all because this would cause an over saturation of Heyman's clients bearing in mind this year alone he has managed Punk, Axel, Lesnar and Ryback with the latter three partnerships currently ongoing whilst linked to this one could currently argue that the over saturation is already taking place as Axel doesn't have the credibility despite his booking with Heyman at his side and finally if there are too many Heyman Guys that takes away a large part of any rub that Heyman can give as it gives the impression anyone can become Heyman Guys rather than an exclusive club.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
They blew it with Ryback. The bullying shit in the back was working for him. Plus he's already headlined ppvs in title bouts. Heyman needs an up and comer that's talented but needs one big shove into big time.

Barrett, Cesaro, Big E all could've worked.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
I hope Paul Heyman leaves WWE temporarily.He is too boring nowadays
I actually agree with you. As great as Paul is, he feels a bit stuck, monotone right now. A vacation would work great for him after his feud with Punk and then let him come back work with Brock again for Mania season.

They blew it with Ryback.
Yeh, that lost against Punk made him look weak in this story.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts