Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep so it's happening again, a legend getting shit on by the young guys on this board. His promo's suck, he's boring, he has a long entrance etc. As a Bret Hart i know the feeling. I've spent the last 2 years reading people rip him apart everytime his name was mentioned or was TV. Why? Cause of the way he dresses and he doesn't cut a promo to please your inexperienced minds. Ignore the fact he held the company on his shoulders for years, had the balls to make peace with Shawn and come back, had a stroke, and is probably the greatest "wrestler" in the company's history.

Somehow you forged the idea in your heads these guy's should be forever young. If they dont perform to the standards they did 20 years ago they should just go away. As the years go by stars like Bret and Taker shouldn't be shit on, they should be at the very least respected.

·
Banned
2,964 Posts
Just becuse they have respect dont mean they should keep on doing it, not saying I agree with it, but just cause your a legend dont mean you cant do bad, and most do when they return, I'd rather remember them as they where,

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,532 Posts
What shouldn't this be on the rant section, nevermind onto the real deal. I have great respect for both these stars, but I feel that these legends have to pack it up sooner or later.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I remember when people were telling Taker to retire when he had that shitty WM22 match with Mark Henry. When he actually got a good opponent (Edge, HBK), he blew everyone's minds and shut their mouths. He'll do that again this year.

Taker will be retiring within the next 2 years, so people should shut the hell up and enjoy him, cause once he's gone, you'll all realize what he meant to the WWE.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I remember when people were telling Taker to retire when he had that shitty WM22 match with Mark Henry.
Ah, the Worst Casket match ever, yeah? The one where Vince believed Taker could carry Henry to a legendary match & make Henry a main eventer forever? It was no doubt Henry's fault through and through. Such a shame some people refused to acknowledge that. Good point there, dude. (Y)(Y)(Y)

When he actually got a good opponent (Edge, HBK), he blew everyone's minds and shut their mouths. He'll do that again this year.
No doubt about it. He's been stealing the show since Wrestlemania 23, I don't doubt he can do it again this year.

Taker will be retiring within the next 2 years, so people should shut the hell up and enjoy him, cause once he's gone, you'll all realize what he meant to the WWE.
Oh well, it's human nature to not regard how precious someone is to them until that someone is gone. When Taker retires & those assholes have to watch Jinder Mahal & Mason Ryan consistently, they'll realize.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I respect both of them, and yes.. people shouldn't complain about Undertaker's entrance etc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As the years go by stars like Bret and Taker shouldn't be shit on, they should be at the very least respected.
It's hard to respect someone who doesn't know when to let go. It's hard to respect someone who can't remember the dates of their own shows cause they're too preoccupied with a different sport.

See Shawn Michaels knew when to quit and despite not being around the last two years is still a natural on the mic. Him, I respect.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
Taker's entrance does take forever and his promos can suck...but he's still awesome. He can still deliver in the ring, he still has your full attention while he walks slowly to the ring or while he cuts his boring promo.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Taker's entrance does take forever and his promos can suck...but he's still awesome. He can still deliver in the ring, he still has your full attention while he walks slowly to the ring or while he cuts his boring promo.
He can only deliver if the opponent is a great worker. Wonder why his only two classics are against HBK and HHH?

This guy needs to retire before injures himself badly.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
He can only deliver if the opponent is a great worker.
Shawn Michaels failed to pull a legendary match with The Barbarian & Haku at Wrestlemania 7, El Matador at Wrestlemania 8, and Tatanka at Wrestlemania 9. He put great matches when he was paired with people like Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and, wait for it, The Undertaker!!

The Rock failed to put a great match with The Sultan at Wrestlemania 13. He pulled out great matches with Hogan & Austin (three times).

Triple H was paired with Ultimate Warrior, Kane, Chris Jericho, Batista, Cena, Sheamus and Randy Orton yet still managed to made all those matches suck. His only good two singles WM match was against, wait for it, THE UNDERRRRRRRRRRRTAKERRRRRRRRR!!!

Stone Cold couldn't pull a classic with Savio Vega at WM 12, but look what happened when he was paired with Bret at WM 13 or Rock at three different WMs.

It takes two to tango, homie. Always.

Wonder why his only two classics are against HBK and HHH?
:no::no::no::no::no::no:

This guy needs to retire before injures himself badly.
:flip:flip:flip:flip:flip:flip

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
So someone is bored by Taker=young and uneducated? Fuck off, I don't hate him or anything but I've never been a big fan and I'm certainly not now. His promos have been terrible recently and even though his match at mania 25 is one of my favourites ever it doesn't change the fact that this 28 year old educated wrestling fan who has been watching since the late 80s just isn't a fan of the undertaker.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Taker aint that bad. He can seem to take forever but you aren't going to turn over during his segments that's for sure! Such a treat when he comes back nowadays people want to see him and hear what he has to say!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
His entrances have ALWAYS taken forever. This isn't a new thing.

Shawn Michaels failed to pull a legendary match with The Barbarian & Haku at Wrestlemania 7, El Matador at Wrestlemania 8, and Tatanka at Wrestlemania 9. He put great matches when he was paired with people like Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and, wait for it, The Undertaker!!

The Rock failed to put a great match with The Sultan at Wrestlemania 13. He pulled out great matches with Hogan & Austin (three times).

Triple H was paired with Ultimate Warrior, Kane, Chris Jericho, Batista, Cena, Sheamus and Randy Orton yet still managed to made all those matches suck. His only good two singles WM match was against, wait for it, THE UNDERRRRRRRRRRRTAKERRRRRRRRR!!!

Stone Cold couldn't pull a classic with Savio Vega at WM 12, but look what happened when he was paired with Bret at WM 13 or Rock at three different WMs.

It takes two to tango, homie. Always.
Agreed. Not just that but some people just have better chemistry with others. Jericho had great chemistry with Benoit, HBK, and The Rock. Not so much with Austin. Triple H had great chemistry with The Rock and HBK, but has horrible chemistry with Orton. Also sometimes 2 average workers with amazing chemistry will have a better match than 2 good workers with poor chemistry.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Agreed. Not just that but some people just have better chemistry with others. Jericho had great chemistry with Benoit, HBK, and The Rock. Not so much with Austin. Triple H had great chemistry with The Rock and HBK, but has horrible chemistry with Orton. Also sometimes 2 average workers with amazing chemistry will have a better match than 2 good workers with poor chemistry.
I agree with the last statement. Taker, Austin, and Punk are good workers but Taker has poor chemistry with Austin & Punk. Kane & Big show are average workers but most of their bouts are fun to watch.

Agree with ya there chemistry is important.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Well, it's not too much to worry about. Undertaker's body of work speaks for itself, as do most legends's. His work will always stand the test of time, long after the smarks move on to something else to talk about.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts